HR Manager – Refinery Operations
Pembrokeshire c. £70k+, plus bonus, car allowance and excellent benefits
Valero Energy Corporation is the world’s largest independent oil refiner, and through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products.
Working closely with the Refinery HR Director, General Manager and the senior leadership team, your brief will be to help shape the overall people strategy and build positive strategic and tactical HR services for the business that deliver real bottom line value.
- Work with business leaders to establish short and long term goals that drive business success and emphasise the people agenda and employee advocacy.
- Key deliverables will include the development of credible and effective labour relations strategies whilst ensuring that the organisation’s principles and values are properly integrated and observed across all operating policies and practices.
- You will play a leading role in the definition, planning and delivery of commercial, solutions-focused HR support to the business and ensuring conformity with best practice. This means that alongside your strategic input, you will have responsibility for providing HR support, and for the development of effective HR processes, reporting structures and performance metrics.
- This is a key role in the provision of a first class HR service and accordingly, we're looking for someone with significant experience as an HR generalist or as an Employment Law practitioner. Able to operate at both strategic and tactical levels, it is vital that the successful candidate is capable of switching between strategy and dealing with detailed day-to-day issues in a regulated, unionised environment.
- You will have practical experience of performance management, consultation, restructuring and TUPE, therefore an employment law or HR Management qualification is essential, together with a knowledge of recruitment and retention philosophies in order to sustain ongoing succession planning activity.
- Alongside your technical expertise, you will need excellent people management and communication skills together with a thorough knowledge and understanding of employment contracts.
- You will be engaging with a wide range of senior colleagues and you will need to be able to demonstrate strong influencing skills within the context of multi-layered stakeholder management - ideally gained in a large, dynamic organisation.
In return, the Company offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package including bonus, a defined contribution pension, car allowance, share incentive scheme and private medical insurance. Relocation assistance to this extremely attractive part of South West Wales would also be available if required.