Human Resources Assistant
Nestor was set up in 2005 to provide HR Support to London’s SMEs. As an independent consulting firm, based in Central London (W1), we build strong relationships in order to understand & advise our clients. Working with over 70 corporate clients, we employ a group of highly qualified, skilled and capable individuals who understand the commercial and HR issues faced by our clients, and have the insight and ability to advise them.
We work across all sectors but with particular insight in the following:
· Media, advertising and design · Publishing
· Technology · Financial Services
· Consultancy & Business Services · Property and architectural
· Charitable sector
will be a recent Human Resources graduate who is looking to start a career in HR Consulting. They will have strong communication skills a desire to provide excellent customer service
The Role …
You will be providing HR administration & support as part of a dedicated team servicing Nestor’s largest client (a National Charity) as part of Nestor’s outsourced HR team. The role is to provide a complete outsourced HR administration service in respect of recruitment, annual leave, sick absence, meetings and HR records etc. The post-holder (with guidance from the Lead HR Consultant) will provide initial HR guidance as appropriate, referring any more complex situations to the HR Advisor or Lead HR Consultant within Nestor as appropriate. The post-holder will be required to adopt a pro-active approach towards improving administrative processes and ensuring legal compliance with all HR reporting and record keeping etc.
The HR Assistant will support the Client HR Advisor and Lead HR Consultant in the continuous development of the outsourced HR function, ensuring processes and procedures are efficient and consistent.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside our HR Consultants, including supporting a variety of clients with their HR needs.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the entire recruitment life-cycle from new starter process through to exit interviews on the HRIS database
- Administration of all new starters, leavers, transfers and amendments etc.
- Ensuring proof of right to work documentation are received for all staff
- Ensuring all relevant CRB and DBS checks / disclosures are completed
- Ensure all published job descriptions and person specifications are up to date and the correct version
- Liaise with external recruitment agencies, ensuring rates are the best available for the client.
- Maintenance of computerised HRIS database and paper based filing systems in compliance with the relevant Data Protection laws
- Provide monthly payroll collation to the internal finance department.
- Undertake the administration for salary reviews / annual incremental reviews and work alongside the client’s outsourced Payroll provider to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure all HR related data (absence, maternity etc.) is input to meet payroll timetables
- Refer formal/complex employee relations and disciplinary/grievance issues to the HR Advisor or Lead HR Consultant.
- Provide admin support for investigations, disciplinary and grievances by producing meeting documentation packs, standard letters, arranging formal meetings and taking and producing minutes within the required timescales for all Clients.
- Provide admin support for capability meetings by producing meeting documentation packs, standard letters, arranging formal meetings and taking and producing minutes within the required timescales for all Clients.
- Recording and collation of sickness absence (episodes, trends and areas etc.)
- Provide data for and prepare management information reports (e.g. KPI reports on turnover, absence, recruitment status etc.) as and when required
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties to support the client and or Nestor consulting team.
- The role may require ad-hoc travel as and when required
The ideal candidate will have:
- 6 months experience within a HR Department preferably
- Knowledge of basic employment legislation
- Recent Masters or Bachelors Graduate, preferably within Human Resources although relevant degrees will be considered.
- Part/Full CIPD qualified
- Logical approach
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups
- Flexible and adaptive style/approach towards the requirements of the role, and the client business requirements
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Office Suite and HRIS systems
This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your HR career, whilst working on a high profile client within an independent HR consultancy.
Apply for HR Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly