Senior HR Adviser and Caseworker
Job Title: Senior HR Adviser and Caseworker
Salary: £36,865 per annum
Salary Band: B1
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 1
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: Full time, 36 hours per week
Closing date: 18 July 2018 at 23.59
The HR Advice Services (HRAS) are responsible for supporting line managers and Members of Parliament in employment related matters.
They help line managers to deliver excellent people management using the House’s HR policies and procedures. They work closely with other teams in HR, particularly HR Business Partners, Members’ HR Advice Service, HR Policy and Parliamentary Health and Wellbeing, to ensure a joined up operational service that enables delivery of a thriving parliamentary democracy.
The Senior HR Adviser and Caseworker role covers two broad areas:
- to provide high volume case management guidance, in all areas of complex HR matters, using good knowledge of employment law, case law and HR best practice. This will include adopting a pragmatic approach in offering solutions to managers, whilst recognising legal and regulatory requirements.
- to assist in the continuous review and development of policy, procedure and management guidance in the areas of HR Operations and terms and conditions
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Significant experience of advising line managers on the rights and obligation of employers and employees arising from the contract of employment, while respecting confidentiality
- Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written, including an ability to convey complex issues and information to a lay audience
- Ability to line manage others, including managing performance, using learning and development to build capability and creating an inclusive culture.
- A recognised HR qualification (e.g. CIPD accreditation)
Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
Civil Service Pension scheme
Interest-free season ticket loan
Child care voucher scheme
Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description