Learning & Development Manager
My client is a top-ranked US law firm, centrally based in London, who are looking to hire a Learning & Development Manager to join their team.
The Learning & Development Manager will be responsible for will provide strategic direction and implementation for attorney professional development and training at the local office level,
The key duties will include:
- Providing strategic direction and implementation for attorney training and development initiatives.
- Evaluating and assess all aspects of professional development programs.
- Managing the London Trainee Training Programme, alongside the Graduate Recruitment Coordinator.
- Overseeing the administration of CPD and attorney admissions status.
- Working with the team on the advancement of initiatives in the areas of diversity, attorney mentoring and morale, and alumni engagement.
- Preparing the annual budget and arranging approval of attorney training expenses.
- Attending US firm events in London as required.
The Learning & Development Manager will have several years of management experience (and/or experience as a solicitor) in a law firm or professional services environment, with strategic professional development experience. You will have strong interpersonal skills, supervisory, and communication skills, change management experience and a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. A flexible approach to work is essential as the role will require some attendance at events outside of typical work hours.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients. Thank you