Head of HR
5 days left
- Full Time
Why Choose Us?
Since 1969, Sotheby’s Institute of Art – London has been among the world’s leading postgraduate level institutions offering Master’s degrees and other courses devoted to the study of art and its markets. Initially, the Institute served as a training program for auction house employees that pioneered new educational offerings. Since 1995 the London Institute has been an affiliated institution of the University of Manchester, the most eminent of the English civic universities and part of the esteemed Russell Group.
With campuses in London, New York and Los Angeles, Sotheby’s Institute offers graduate level programs that are relevant to an art world that is constantly seeking individuals with depth of understanding, art historical scholarship and business acumen.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of HR will be fundamental in managing organisational development, resourcing and culture. As part of the Management Team, the Head of HR will be responsible for the strategic planning of the Human Resources function throughout Sotheby’s Institute of Art – London as well as ensuring compliance through developing, maintaining and disseminating HR policies and processes.
The role is responsible for the whole employee lifecycle, and the successful candidate must be comfortable working at both a strategic and an operational/transactional level. In addition to ensuring exceptional HR service delivery, it’s expected that the Head of HR will contribute to long term organisational and people goals (including risk management and succession planning), in hand with implementing HR initiatives and fostering an engaged, high performing culture.
- Relevant professional certificate from an accredited organisation such as the CIPD and committed to continuous professional development
- Demonstrable experience in a similar HR Manager role possessing a strong dual skill-set both strategically and operationally; with solid employment law knowledge and outstanding communication skills
- As a key leader across the organisation, you will be able to challenge and influence, coupled with the necessary commercial acumen to contribute to strategic decision making and drive forward positive change
- It is highly advantageous if you have gained experience within the higher education sector and have an interest in the art world
As an employer of choice Sotheby’s Institute of Art offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package of up to £52,000 dependent on experience
-Automatic enrolment when meet the statutory criteria of age and Institute earnings
-Employer contribution: currently 5% of basic pay
-Employee contribution: currently 0% unless opt to contribute
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance: 4x basic salary
- Travel insurance: business travel and personal accident cover
- 25 days’ paid holiday leave in addition to 8 English bank and other public holidays
Closing Date – 22/07/18
Interview Date - Week commencing 30/07/18
Please do not wait until the closing date to apply as initial interviews will be conducted by Hays throughout the process.
For more information and to apply, please visit