We are now recruiting for an Office Manager to be the heart of our business, providing administration and HR support across the company.
Helvar is an international lighting technologies company, specialising in energy efficient and intelligent lighting solutions. Founded in Helsinki in 1921, we are a privately-owned Finnish company with a 90-year legacy in innovation and product development. Our Helvar spirit encourages everyone to participate, contribute and learn across our offices in UK, Finland and Sweden.
About the role
We are looking for an ambitious all-rounder who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment where they will have responsibility for all Office Management duties as well as supporting the HR function.
In this role, you will be an ambassador of the organization and a focal point of the office, a great organiser with strong administration skills and a flair for leading and motivating teams. Your interpersonal skills mean you’ll embody team spirit in the office, facilitating regular social and wellbeing initiatives that engage staff.
You'll have responsibility for ensuring that the office runs efficiently so that the organisation can fulfil its aims and meet sales targets. Organising travel and accommodation for staff and stakeholder events, brining ideas and initiatives for team socials, championing wellbeing, and coordinating training with venue booking and accommodation will all be part and parcel of your role.
Some of your time will be spent supporting the Head of HR, you will also work on a variety of HR initiatives and projects, as well as core HR operational processes such as payroll, recruitment, record keeping, contracts and HR administration.
You will be an experienced, astute and passionate people person that thrives on delivering excellent customer service as Office Manager alongside your organising skills. Through embracing Helvar's Behaviours, you will role model those behaviours as our ambassador for the organisation at the heart of the office.
The role will deliver all aspects of office management and also support HR, including: payroll, arranging staff training and events, maintaining staff records, negotiating preferred rates with training and accommodation suppliers, supporting internal projects and supporting teams to produce presentations and reports.
During our regular stakeholder and customer events you will support with travel, airport transfers, venue booking, catering and accommodation as well as being a point of contact on the day.
You will have exceptional communication skills and are highly organised with an excellent eye for detail and problem solving skills. You are a self starter and able to work with little or no supervision. Your commitment and working style will support staff to make decisions that benefit and grow the business.
This is an interesting and challenging role that would suit a confident, numerate and professional individual who is interested in developing a career in HR and enjoys using their initiative with a 'can do’ working style.
With an existing background as an Office Manager, Co-ordinator, HR Assistant, Senior Administrator or Personal Assistant, you will have experience in juggling a variety of tasks and communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Act as a main point of contact for the UK office and business
- Arranging room bookings for stakeholder visits and booking refreshments for meetings
- Arranging travel and accommodation for stakeholders where necessary
- Organising special occasions with catering and beverages
- Share relevant logistical information on airport transfers and accommodation for overseas colleagues visiting the UK office
- Support the Head of HR in the operational and strategic areas of HR
- Supporting HR & Finance in processing of monthly payroll
- Supporting the recruitment process
- Preparing and issuing employee contracts and offer letters
- Maintaining company handbook and policies
- Maintaining employee records (promotions, salary increases etc)
- Providing line managers with HR support as required
- Overhaul the current HR record system to meet legal and professional standards
- Bring new ideas and processes for the continuous improvement of the HR function in the UK
- Actively seek new projects and identify key decisions makers that help drive staff engagement and high performance
- Drive increased HR customer service in deputizing for the Head of HR when needed
The ability to adapt in a fast paced dynamic work environment, whilst remaining calm under pressure and taking ownership of work and tasks. The core skills for this role are excellent organisation, attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively. It is essential that you are confident in dealing with all levels of stakeholders and can work with total discretion.
- Proven office management, administrative or personal assistant experience and good IT skills
- Exceptional communication skills and highly organised with an excellent eye for detail
- Knowledgeable and practical use of MS office packages, especially Microsoft Outlook and Excel is essential
- Experience of planning, prioritising and balancing conflicting demands whilst working under pressure and to tight timescales
- High levels of tact and diplomacy and ability to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organised and methodological
- Experience of running a PAYE payroll desirable, but not essential
- Excellent email management
- Able to re-prioritise at short notice, whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Self-sufficient with initiative and drive, able to prioritize and take actions
- Confident and effective communicator, handles questions adeptly with influencing skills
- Spoken and written fluency in English; an additional European language is desirable but is not essential
- An understanding or interest in HR is desirable, but not essential
- Desire to drive your own professional development through seeking HR professional qualifications
- Helvar Directors
- Head of HR
- Financial Controller
- Health & Safety Manager
- Courage to prioritize and take bold actions
- Create customer value in everything you do
- Take the initiative to collaborate for maximum value
- Prototype to be fast
- Always-On feedback
Our newly refurbished office is based on the South East London/Kent boarder in wooded greenland with easy access from central London. 35 minutes by train from London Bridge or via car on the A2 at the Dartford Heath Interchange/M25 Junction 2. Free staff shuttle bus from the station, free car park and a canteen onsite.
Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Christmas office closure
Cycle to Work scheme
Free tea and coffee
Annual Bonus Scheme
How to apply
Please apply via our website with a CV and cover letter by midnight 30th September 2018
Shortlisting and interviews
Helvar is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to ensuring all applications are treated fairly. All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; so if you’re shortlisted we will contact you and invite you to attend an interview. We’ll also tell you if there will be any skills tasks to complete as part of the recruitment process. If you don’t hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
For further information about us see our website www.helvar.com
More searches like this
- Electronics Assistant/Administrator/Co-ordinator HR function Non CIPD member jobs in London (Greater)
- Engineering / Manufacturing Assistant/Administrator/Co-ordinator HR function Non CIPD member jobs in London (Greater)
- Information Technology Assistant/Administrator/Co-ordinator HR function Non CIPD member jobs in London (Greater)