Deputy Director of HR and Head of Operations, Policy and Reward
A top-ranking London University is looking for a Deputy Director of HR. This is a 4 to 6-month interim position, though this is subject to review.
As the Deputy Director of HR, you will be a senior point of contact for HR colleagues and will provide strategic and operational expertise for various HR functions and policies. You will report to the Director of HR and will facilitate the successful and effective deployment of excellent quality of staff and provide an innovative approach to current frameworks and policies and constantly seek to improve it. This is a full-time position.
- You will lead and contribute to all HR projects and oversee all inter-departmental tasks and working groups and approach all projects strategically.
- You will act as a senior point of contact in the resolution of complex HR issues and aid in creating a positive working environment within the institution.
- You will manage all matters concerning Equality and Diversity and ensure that all practices adhere strictly to the School policy.
- You will provide role-specific consultancy and expertise to all levels of personnel internally and externally, and remain up to date with legislation, to ensure that our practices align with legal requirements at all times.
- You will review and benefits systems in the school, ensuring they meet customer needs and remain competitive for effective recruitment and retention.
- You will ensure compliance across various HR departments.
- You will have experience of working successfully with trade unions.
- You will have recent experience of working in a Higher Education (University) setting at a similar level.
- You will have leadership and management expertise in an operational HR function, and be able to empower your teams to deliver against the strategy.
- You will be a strategic thinker with a pragmatic and results-oriented approach, who can devise creative, flexible and bold solutions to resolve a range of issues.
- You should be well versed on UKVI policy/guidelines implementation.
- You will have the ability to apply creativity and people-focused leadership to HR colleagues and be goal-orientated.
- You will be able to create and maintain strong, professional working relationships within the various HR sub departments and the Institution to create a positive, competitive work environment that meets customer needs.
What’s on offer?
A salary of £60,000 to £65,000 per annum, and a great opportunity to be exposed to the diverse functions within this role. The post holder will have a key role in achieving continuous improvement and the successful management of change, leading teams to ensure that polices, processes, systems and practice support the School to deliver its strategic priorities. This is a busy time for the organisation, and a great opportunity for exposure to a wide range of activities and experiences.
Apply for Deputy Director of HR and Head of Operations, Policy and Reward
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly