Senior HR Adviser
Our HR Advisers and Senior HR Advisers provide pragmatic, commercial, legally-compliant HR advice and guidance to line managers within our client businesses. You will join a team of over 100 HR Advisers who support and coach line managers, helping them to resolve ER issues within their teams in a manner that preserves the manager/employee relationship and builds competency and performance within the client’s organisations.
The role and responsibilities of a HR Adviser:
- Providing advice and guidance online and by telephone across the full spectrum of ER issues, particularly discipline, grievance, capability/performance management and sickness
- Escalating complex, risky or sensitive cases to appropriate colleagues, who may be in-house or sit within the Client’s business
- Proactively managing ER cases, ensuring that key interventions, such as suspensions, are kept to a minimum and other case management events are progressed efficiently
- Providing HR advice in line with client-specific service level agreements and business rules. This includes reviewing and tailoring supporting case documents where appropriate
- Capturing and tracking all advice and key information on our in-house case management system to ensure we provide accurate MI reporting to our clients
- Acting as a mentor or escalation point to our less experienced HR Advisers and HR Assistants, providing supportive guidance on complex cases or taking over cases once they escalate beyond their role scope.
Skills and experience required to be a successful HR Adviser:
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ HR experience having had exposure to ER issues, OR
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ line manager experience having routinely managed ER issues
- CIPD, management or legal qualification is desirable
- Experience in the application of company HR policy and procedures
- Sound knowledge of employment legislation
- Ability to organise and prioritise caseload within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates a calm and professional approach to sensitive people issues
Our HR Advisers can enjoy the following employee benefits:
- Company pension
- Health cash plan
- Flexible working and home working opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- A generous holiday entitlement which increases with service and the option to purchase additional days
- Many other cultural and lifestyle benefits
AdviserPlus is fully committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination, direct or indirect. All employees are expected to promote and work fully in line with the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
AdviserPlus is a Disability Confident Leader employer and welcomes applications from disabled people. If disabled applicants meet the minimum criteria for the job, they can request and will be offered a guaranteed interview. Should applicants require reasonable adjustment support for the interview, please contact the Resourcing Team.