Senior Benefits Expert
Local Unit & Position Description
Purpose of the role is to provide high-quality, efficient and timely pension & benefits support to the company in the UK and Ireland ensuring managers and employees receive customer focused service in all aspects of the pensions & benefits role remit.
Working with the Expert team, the role will assist in supporting a business community of 1300 staff and report to a Group Leader - Compensation, Benefits and Global Mobility. The role will provide pension & benefits management and oversite as required to the UK and Ireland and liaise effectively with benefit and pension providers.
Areas of Responsibility
* Take ownership and awareness of all client team activity; to include the delivery of SLA driven work, calendar date driven activity and ad-hoc projects,
* Ensure all matters are dealt with in a timely manner to ensure efficiency and client satisfaction is achieved at all times,
* Management and ownership of change or improvement initiative; varying from legislation or new business implementation
* Ownership with responsibility and management of complex queries and/or complaints raised by members, clients or partners.
* Monthly Pension Reconciliation - Reconcile payroll deductions for payment to providers (including manual calculation of pension contributions for expatriate employees)
* Auto Enrolment - provide information and liaise with pension providers to ensure the out-sourced auto-enrolment processes are correct.
* Pension Renewal Data - Pulling and collating pension renewal data for Provider
* Pension scheme Audit - Main point of contact, providing the external accountants with required member details etc.
* Cash Flow - checking requests for shortfall payments and tracking deductions from pension requisitions.
* Produce Pension Communications as required.
* Support International Assignees Outward Bound Pension & Social Security - Keep up to date with any changes
* Group Income Protection Insurance - Preparing spreadsheets for insurance renewals, processing the relevant paperwork for Group Income Protection claims
* Dental Insurance - Annual renewal, communications, amendment of employee address details, reconciliation of quarterly invoice and costing split. Co-ordinate and manage roadshows events
* Private Medical Insurance - Annual renewal, communications, amendment of employee address details, costing and reconciliation of annual invoice. Co-ordinate and manage roadshows events
* Life Insurance - Preparing renewal spreadsheets, processing claim in the event of an employee's death
* Childcare Vouchers - Monthly submission of vouchers, means testing for new joiners and annual test for post 2011 joiners
* Cycle to Work - Dealing with the company side of the application process and communications
* 24/7 Advantages - To manage the external provider and ensure improved employee engagement
* Annual Total Reward Statements - Collating data for production of statements
* Annual Health Assessment
* Pension and Benefits Administration including invoicing
* Support on Compensation and Benefits related projects and tasks as required
* Proven track record of providing Pensions administration and support.
* Previous experience of working in a pensions setting, including dealing with benefit providers and pension companies.
* Able to communicate effectively at different levels.
* Knowledge and appreciation of pension legislation desirable.
* Up to date knowledge of employment legislation.
* Relevant HND or degree qualification
* CIPD qualified
* Excellent IT skills - proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
* Excellent written and oral communication as well as first rate interpersonal skills
* Social Media skills will be a bonus.
* Highly motivated with a flexible and adaptable approach to work in order to meet changing deadlines.
* Excellent organisational skills - Ability to plan and prioritise own workload and work on own initiative
* Ability to work pro-actively and to tight timescales
* Demonstrates urgency whilst maintaining high standards of output.
* Quality orientated, with a focus on attention to detail.
* Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
* Ability to foster positive relationships at all levels of the organisation and across multiple locations.
Company & Business Area Description
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within the company provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people's competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Apply for Senior Benefits Expert
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly