Local Unit & Position Description
The HR Advisor shall consult and advise line managers and Business Area HR Managers within a dedicated Business Area and develop an effective and close interaction with the aim of understanding their business needs; and to deliver value adding services within the framework of the service portfolio/SLA.
The HR Advisor will act as point of contact on questions routed via HR Direct and/or HR Office that cannot be answered by the global centre due to complexity and/or need for local knowledge.
The HR Advisor will typically execute the following activities:
Consult and advise line managers and Business Area HR to support and deliver key business goals
* Recruitment - initial phase and final selection phases
* Support related to individual employment relation cases such as:
o Absence and sickness management
o Disciplinary / grievance cases
o Performance management
o Flexible Working requests
* Advice to Business Areas related to change management, including restructuring and TUPE
* Monitoring local legislation and performance of annual pay reviews
* Home/host services for international assignees
* Visa management
* Ad hoc HR projects
* Consult and handle country specific statutory topics (pension, insurance etc.)
* Unions/works council topics
* Annual salary adjustment process
* General HSE advice
We are seeking a generalist HR Advisor, ideally with previous experience working within a Shared Services business model.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
CIPD (or equivalent) qualified
* University degree (or equivalent experience)
* Sound knowledge and practical application of UK employment legislation and best practice
* Proven experience of managing restructures and redundancies, able to guide / coach others through the process
* Proven experience of absence and sickness management
* Proven experience and good practical knowledge of performance management
* Proven experience of managing disciplinary / grievance cases
* Comfortable with TUPE processes and implications of harmonising terms & conditions
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks / projects and maintaining momentum towards satisfactory resolution
* Previous success of working closely with senior stakeholders to gain buy-in and support of HR and company initiatives
* Confident in challenging the status quo and establishing new ways thinking whilst remaining professional and promoting a positive and collaborative partnership with the business
* English: High proficiency, both oral and written
* Willing to travel within the UK and occasionally abroad
* Initiative and Responsibility: Acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for results
* Execution: Adheres to company rules and procedures; executes plans with commitment and determination; achieves high quality results
* Effective Communication: Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively.
* Customer centricity: understand customer needs and sense of urgency; take ownership to ensure solution for customer; deliver within agreed time and quality.
* Constructive Teamwork: Cooperates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals.
* Own Development / Ability to Learn: Is aware of own strengths and limitations and pursues learning career development opportunities; willingness and ability to change and learn.
* Analysis and Judgement: Quickly Understands and analyses problems and complex issues; comes up with sound and rational judgements.
Company & Business Area Description
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within the company provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people's competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Apply for HR Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly