Group Human Resources Manager
Group Human Resources Manager
Glennon Brothers (www.glennonbrothers.com) is a leading timber processor in the British Isles, with over 460 employees and plants in Troon and Edinburgh in the UK, and Longford, Fermoy and Arklow in Ireland. Glennon Brothers supplies both the Irish and UK markets with products for the construction, pallet wood and fencing industries. It also manufactures timber frame homes and engineered roof trusses for the house building sector. Its people, a commitment to service, and ongoing investment in new technology are core to the business. As the company prepares for continued growth and investment in the UK and Ireland, it now requires a Human Resources manager for the group.
Reporting directly to the joint Managing Directors, this person will be responsible for developing an employee centred, high-performance culture across the Group. They will develop and realize the Group HR strategy covering talent management, people development, change management, performance management and reward, and employee relations and engagement. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for ensuring human resource services are provided that align with business needs, and support line management in the realisation of the Group’s strategy.
Key responsibilities include;
- Guide and support organisational development across all group sites, travelling on a frequent basis.
- Lead change management processes to develop a high-performance culture.
- Develop effective internal communication channels to engage with staff.
- Safeguard good relations with employees and where applicable, social partners.
- Establish effective group wide recruitment and training programmes.
- Implement standard performance appraisal and reward processes.
- Standardise and maintain HR policies and contracts across the Group.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the Group’s strategy.
This position would suit an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who has strong personal credibility with the ability to build trusted relationships. The ideal candidate will have a HR degree or relevant equivalent qualification, be Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualified and have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a HR role, at least 1 year at a senior level. Experience of HR in a heavy manufacturing industry sector, preferably in an international context would be an advantage. Evidence of driving change, good knowledge of Irish and UK labour legislation and experience of industrial relations are required. Excellent communication skills are essential, as well as advanced interpersonal, collaborative, negotiation and influencing skills.
An attractive package is available for the right candidate.
Applications in the strictest confidence, with full CV by email to: Mike.Glennon@Glennonbrothers.com
Glennon Brothers, Sawmills, Dublin Road, Longford, Ireland