Nando’s Head of People – Central Support
Background to the company:
Today, there are over 350 Nando’s restaurants in the UK, but our story starts long before the first UK restaurants opened here in West London suburb of Ealing. It’s a story of discovery, passion and ambition. It’s an evolving story too, so while we always look back on where we’ve come from with pride, it’s where we’re going next that really gets us excited.
Our way of working
Our main aim is to simply create memorable experiences for everyone who has a bit (or a lot) of Nando’s in their life – our customers, communities, founders and suppliers. In fact, it’s everyone we work with. How do we do it? Good question.
It really comes down to the fact that we genuinely care for one another. We want everyone in our family to be happy and succeed, so we keep an eye out for each other, inspire each other and celebrate with each other.
Our informal approach to work means we don’t take ourselves too seriously, and that everyone can be true to themselves. Who we are at work is who we are at home.
Since the very beginning, our values have been our guiding light. Pride, passion, courage, integrity and most of all family, are the 5 things we live and breathe, every day.
Everyone at Nando’s has their own story relating to one or more of our values…
About the role:
- As Head of People – Central Support, you will partner the Head Office Heads of Function to develop and then deliver an effective People plan for their functions and teams (understanding manpower need, internal pipeline and talent acquisition requirement) that ensures that we attract, identify, engage and develop talent.
- This will ensure that Central Support can create the right ‘conditions’ for people to be the best they can be, with Nandocas in the right role at the right time in the right place, to support both sustainable growth and enhance & deepen our cultural strength.
- You will then support the People Director to bring these plans together into total Functional People Plans and ultimately a total Central Support People Plan, allowing us to build a clear understanding and plan around our internal pipeline and our external talent need.
- You will in addition, bring an insightful total ‘People’ contribution to the functional plans by partnering effectively with the full People Team to ensure we are always working to achieve our overall ambition of creating lasting happiness for our Nandocas, Customers, Communities, Suppliers and Founders.
- Able to take a long term, strategic view to the people agenda so that growth needs are met and cultural strength is enhanced.
- Able to deliver the overall strategic plan consistently but in a practical way so functional variations/needs are considered and met - resourceful, forward thinking and intuitive.
- An innate desire for people to be the very best they can be so they can realise their full potential.
- Proven experience gained in a highly customer centric environment from any consumer facing industry which holds the customer at the heart of what they do.
- Highly commercial and passionate to achieve business success through creating and delivering effective people plans.
- Exhibits genuine curiosity and interest across HR and as such has a sound understanding of the principles of HR, legal HR framework and the role it plays within Nando’s.
- The ability to work in true partnership through appropriate support, guidance, challenge, collaboration and co-creation.
- Strong leadership style – leads with Compass as their guide so they can inspire, grow and develop their team as well as inspire their peers and key stakeholders to work in partnership with them.
- Passionate about working in a high culture environment, hungry to be part of more, with the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the people you work with.
If you like what you have read, we would love to tell you more – please get in touch with EJF Search, our retained search partner, for a confidential conversation.
No Agencies Please.
More searches like this
- Management & Executive Director / Head / VP Talent Management Non CIPD member jobs in London (Central)
- Retail Director / Head / VP Talent Management Non CIPD member jobs in London (Central)
- Travel & Hospitality Director / Head / VP Talent Management Non CIPD member jobs in London (Central)
- Consumer goods Director / Head / VP Talent Management Non CIPD member jobs in London (Central)
- Entertainment/Leisure Director / Head / VP Talent Management Non CIPD member jobs in London (Central)