Skills Development Coach – HR
Home-based role (office presence also a requirement at nearest BPP centre -London, Birmingham or Manchester)
Who we are
BPP University School of Business and Technology provides a range of carefully selected programmes with a professional focus to get our students on track for their business career. Our links with leading businesses help us to design and deliver highly relevant programmes, tailored to meet the needs of today’s business climate.
What you’ll do
BPP School of Business and Technology is recruiting for a Skills Development Coach role to accommodate the demand needs within the school across our HR Level 3 and Level 5 apprenticeship programmes. We are looking for highly motivated, HR practitioner-experienced candidates to bring high quality support, nurture and develop talent within the sector. The overall purpose of the role is to support each learner to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
You will be responsible for the on programme support of apprenticeships skills and behaviour standards. This will include coaching and provision of high quality support, guidance and feedback for all apprentices enrolled on relevant HR, School of Business and Technology apprenticeship programmes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide a structured and appropriate development journey for the apprentices enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Support with induction and industry relevant skills and behaviour sessions both face to face and online
- Carry out 5 weekly review calls with learners and line managers to ensure progression with their studies
- Work collaboratively with client services, line managers and apprenticeship support teams
- Provide feedback to the apprentice on their progress against knowledge skills and behaviours relevant to their standards
- Facilitate and moderate discussion forums on their VLE
- Communicate effectively with learners via the VLE and other appropriate tools and actively encourage learner engagement with their programmes using resources available
- Provide academic (both pre-submission via advice on continuous development of learner e-portfolio’s and post-submission) and safeguarding support to learners
- Educated to degree-level or other equivalent and/or relevant work experience.
- Significant Practitioner experience relevant to the industry
- Experience of managing stakeholders (particularly customer/client relationships)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to communicate professionally and work closely with and support all stakeholders
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- Experience of working autonomously and managing own workload efficiently and effectively
- An ability to take responsibility to develop own knowledge and skills
- Industry relevant accreditations or certificates and membership of a relevant professional body eg CIPD is desirable.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check