Head of Talent and Development
Astrea Academy Trust is in an exciting period of growth and development. To support our ambitions, we are seeking to appoint an exceptional Head of Talent and Development to lead on defining and implementing our talent management strategy across the Trust. The successful candidate will be responsible for all elements of talent management and professional development for the Astrea workforce.
Reporting into the Executive Director of Education, but working collaboratively with all Astrea functions and particularly Operations and HR, the successful candidate’s role will primarily include:
- Create, implement and manage a talent management programme across the Trust
- Deliver on the Trust’s aspiration to ‘grow its own’ – through internal ITT, allocation of SLEs, and CPD - by leading on successfully acquiring Teaching School status
- Facilitate Astrea’s evolution into a ‘learning organisation’ by leading on the Trust’s CPD, Learning & Development and Leadership Development programmes
- Create and roll-out a robust approach to talent spotting across the Trust
- Codify Astrea’s approach to succession planning, and actively manage the Trust’s internal pipeline of talent
With demonstrable experience of innovation in educational recruitment, retention and talent development, you will be able to manage multiple projects and prioritise your workload to deliver both strategic and operational objectives. The ideal candidate will be flexible, have experience of developing positive relationships with key stakeholders and will have knowledge of professional development, Teaching School set-up and oversight, and career pathways in Education.
With 25 primary and secondary academies within the group across South Yorkshire and Cambridgeshire, plus the purpose built, all-though Astrea Academy Sheffield which opened in September 2018, the Trust continues to grow and inspire beyond measure. The Trust is committed to high quality professional development and career opportunities for all staff as we are passionate about cultivating our own talented workforce. At Astrea we believe that we can provide these unique roles by providing a huge opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding team.
We welcome all applicants who meet the essential criteria in the accompanying recruitment pack to apply for this role by submitting an Astrea application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the advertised closing date.