Senior HR Advisor
My client is an education organisation who oversee a number of schools in the London area who require a Senior HR advisor to join them for a period of 6 months initially with a high potential of going permanent. This is a stand alone position where you will be covering the full 360 cycle of policy, ER and admin for an individual school.
The ideal candidate will:
- Act as first point of contact for all Employee Relations (ER) and general HR queries.
- Provide specialist advice and manage the end to end process for ER cases within the school
- Have experience in managing own ER caseload involving disciplinaries, grievances , performance management and managing absence issues- only escalating where necessary and for complex cases
- Undertake research for policy development, be able to review policies/procedures and develop a first draft of HR policies/procedures/guidance as required.
- Advise managers on policy in line with current legislation and help enable consistent application of policy and procedure, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Keeps up to date with changes in best practice, and statutory changes
- Ensure monthly Payroll changes are submitted to the Payroll Provider on a monthly basis ( will process themselves)
- Ensure all recruitment is undertaken efficiently and in line with Safer Recruitment requirements and all the necessary checks for school based staff are undertaken (must have a very good understanding of this area)
The successful candidate must be/have
- Able to work in a busy school environment and be willing to work across the Trust as required ( with school in Tower Hamlets)
- Able to work under a matrix management structure (i.e work with and receive instructions from the Director of HR for the Trust and the Executive/Headteachers
- A good working knowledge of UK employment legislation and its practical application
- Independently manage case work relating to more routine cases
- Be prepared to do undertake HR Administrative duties
- Minimum of Associate CIPD status
Schools/Education experience required, ideally in an Academy Trust.
Please apply now if you feel you have the relevant skills and experience.