Senior HR Advisor
My client is an education organisation who oversee a number of schools in the London area who require a Senior HR advisor to join them for a period of 6 months initially with a high potential of going permanent. This is a stand alone position where you will be covering the full 360 cycle of policy, ER and admin for an individual school.
The ideal candidate will:
- Act as first point of contact for all Employee Relations (ER) and general HR queries.
- Provide specialist advice and manage the end to end process for ER cases within the school
- Have experience in managing own ER caseload involving disciplinaries, grievances , performance management and managing absence issues- only escalating where necessary and for complex cases
- Undertake research for policy development, be able to review policies/procedures and develop a first draft of HR policies/procedures/guidance as required.
- Advise managers on policy in line with current legislation and help enable consistent application of policy and procedure, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Keeps up to date with changes in best practice, and statutory changes
- Ensure monthly Payroll changes are submitted to the Payroll Provider on a monthly basis ( will process themselves)
- Ensure all recruitment is undertaken efficiently and in line with Safer Recruitment requirements and all the necessary checks for school based staff are undertaken (must have a very good understanding of this area)
The successful candidate must be/have
- Able to work in a busy school environment and be willing to work across the Trust as required ( with school in Tower Hamlets)
- Able to work under a matrix management structure (i.e work with and receive instructions from the Director of HR for the Trust and the Executive/Headteachers
- A good working knowledge of UK employment legislation and its practical application
- Independently manage case work relating to more routine cases
- Be prepared to do undertake HR Administrative duties
- Minimum of Associate CIPD status
Schools/Education experience required, ideally in an Academy Trust.
Please apply now if you feel you have the relevant skills and experience.
Apply for Senior HR Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly