People / HR Manager, well-being consultancy, London (4 or 5 days per week)
This position is available either 4 or 5 days per week
Join a rapidly growing commercial business that helps change people’s lives. The company are pioneers of online counselling in the UK and their vision is to lead the way in using digital technology to remove barriers to achieving emotional and mental health. Their team of counsellors, support workers and therapists are professionally qualified and operate under close clinical supervision to deliver the highest quality service to their users.
The People Manager will work alongside the senior management team and this is an opportunity to shape a role and build a team to deliver against ambitious growth plans. You will provide comprehensive and professional HR & ER advice to the managers and leadership team. You will design and implement strategies, systems and processes to support the wider ambitions of the business.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Performance Management (including assessing competency and conducting reviews)
- Resourcing (including recruitment, deployment and succession planning)
- People Management (equipping managers with the necessary tools to line manage and coaching middle managers)
- Learning & Development (including establishing coaching and mentoring programmes)
- Health & Wellbeing (including monitoring absence levels, identifying trends, supporting returns to work and overseeing reasonable adjustments
- To become the in-house HR counsel supporting managers and managing staff escalation routes
- To embed thorough understanding of HR policies amongst all staff and ensure accurate interpretation by managers
- To sit on interview panels to ensure consistency and equality of opportunity
- To ensure they fulfil all of their legal responsibilities, including the handling of grievances and disciplinary procedures
- To guide the SMT on HR developments and changes and contribute to new policy and strategy development
- To help to build the company culture by devising a proactive staff engagement programme
- To manage the administrative team to deliver exemplary support to internal and external customers in an efficient and effective manner
The successful applicant will have previous HR experience at advisor or manager / BP level along with formal qualifications in HR Management or level 5+ CIPD professional qualification. You will need to have previously managed a small team and know how to scale a team as well as experience of working with a business with a proportion of home based / remote workers. You will be someone who will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and changing environment, have a high level of attention to detail, demonstrate creativity and innovation in solutions and be action orientated and make effective decisions quickly.
Immediate interviews. Apply now!