This role will provide analytical reward support to the Compensation Leadership Team and to the business through the Reward Business Partners, ensuring Centrica's reward arrangements continue to be competitive to attract and retain top talent, support our business strategy, reinforce our values, drive a high-performance culture, are financially viable and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Although the role will report through to the Global Compensation Team it will also have accountabilities as a Reward Manager within the Business Partnering team so will gain a wider exposure to Reward within Centrica.
This is a great opportunity to join a large compensation team, in an organisation mainly based in the UK and US with some exposure to other countries. The compensation team sits within the wider Global Reward and Operations Team giving scope for internal progression. This role also provides an opportunity to gain to develop skills and exposure in Workday.
* Delivery of the annual reward review for over 10,000 employees by supporting the system set up, communications, managing escalated queries and working closely with payroll to ensure pay increases and annual incentives are paid accurately & on time
* Support Reward Business Partners during pay negotiations, ensuring they have the relevant market and employee data
* Implement collective pay deals on time, within budget and with minimum error rate
* Evaluate and benchmark new roles using Hay Job Evaluation methodology
* Supporting and managing our job catalogue by submitting to and interpreting market intelligence surveys to create salary ranges globally
* Work with the business to carry out salary range reviews by job families/business unit to ensure that the salary ranges accurately reflect the roles in the organisation and use the most appropriate market data
* Support M&A activities by evaluating roles, costing and comparing packages.
* Experience of working in a busy Compensation / Reward Team or HR with a desire to work in Compensation / Reward
* Knowledge of job evaluation and reward market intelligence providers and surveys preferred
* Experience of working with job families and salary structures preferred
* Advanced IT skills (including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) - must be able to write formulas using if statements, h/v lookups and develop Excel workbook analysis, using "what if scenarios", pivot tables and graphs
* Advanced numeracy and analytical skills and ability to work with large volume of data from multiple sources and extract insight in a clear and succinct manner
* Advanced communication and presentation skills and ability to convey complex issues
* Methodical approach to analysis and great attention to detail
* Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
* Ability to work under pressure, without impacting accuracy
* Ability to develop practical solutions within the overarching Centrica reward framework/strategy
* Track record of building successful, collaborative relationships
* Strong team player and willing to support other team members when needed.