People and Remuneration Manager
Organisation and programme
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a government-backed programme established in 2011 to help build a more cohesive, mobile and engaged society. By bringing together young people from different backgrounds for a unique shared experience, NCS helps them to become better individuals and, in turn, better citizens with a greater sense of purpose, optimism and belonging.
NCS aims to achieve this through:
- Social mixing: providing young people with the opportunity to build relationships with people from different social backgrounds;
- Challenge: putting them through a series of challenging activities to help develop their strength of character;
- Increased responsibility: placing more responsibility on them as the programme progresses, enabling them to develop the leadership skills necessary to succeed in their future endeavours;
- Reflection: encouraging young people to reflect and learn from their experiences, to become more resilient and confident in their decisions and relationships;
- Social action: enabling them to connect and engage with their local communities.
The programme, which lasts from two to four weeks during school holidays, is open to 15 to 17 year- olds across England and Northern Ireland. It includes outdoor team-building exercises, a residential for participants to learn ‘life skills’, a community-based social action project, and an end of programme celebration event. Nearly 400,000 young people have now taken part in NCS and it is the fastest growing youth movement in over a century.
NCS Trust is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that works alongside 200 local charity partners to drive and deliver NCS across the country.
The role incumbent may be a Specialist or Generalist in nature. You will be a trusted business partner, assessing and anticipating People related needs and developing integrated solutions.
You will formulate partnerships across the People team to deliver value-added services to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of NCS. You will ensure quality execution through a hands-on approach to the design and delivery of reward projects, building a reputation for quality and impact. You will be responsible for revamping remuneration frameworks to ensure the adoption of best practice and alignment to the strategic objectives of NCS.
As a People and Remuneration Manager, you will lead and manage the people management-related agenda for internal clients and lead in remuneration change management projects.
- Consult with line management, providing guidance when appropriate.
- Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with the People team to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Build a strong business relationship to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of tools and policies and understand the landscape for further improvement
- Provide expert input across a range of People issues (generalist / specific expertise); Design and deliver high impact solutions that meet the needs of the business
- Coach and build the capability of senior managers to anticipate and pre-empt organisational issues
- Drive consistency of approach across NCS in attracting, managing and developing talent to support current and future organisational needs
- Ensure remuneration strategies, policies and reporting (both tangible and non-tangible) comply with NCS governance and are legally compliant.
- Provide expert advice to the business on remuneration processes ensuring the processes are fair and equitable and in line with the Remuneration strategy
- Provide oversight to NCS’s approach to job evaluation to maintain consistency and fairness and assess appropriate methodologies
- Ensure there is regular market remuneration benchmarking
- Relevant experience (generalist or specialist) gained in organisation(s) with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of current thinking in People related issues and trends and evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of successfully managing change projects
- Experience managing reward and compensation frameworks
- Recent TUPE experience very helpful
- Knowledge of UK employment law
Skills & competencies
- Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Transforms proposals/ideas into practical reality
- Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made
- Communicates challenges and influences a variety of stakeholders effectively. Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change
- Understand the value drivers of NCS and is commercially aware
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Professional, discreet and confidential
This is a full-time, permanent position, based in West London. This role will require occasional travel to other NCS Trust offices. Salary for this role is competitive, dependent upon skills and experience.
Apply for People and Remuneration Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly