HR Business Partner (Retail) – UK wide (excl. Ireland)
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner to join the Poundland Retail HR Team and provide strategic and expert HR advice to 5 Regional Managers covering the whole of the UK. In return you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, company car and a generous benefits package.
This is a diverse role in a fast-paced environment and budget retailing is a sector like no other! You will ensure the best possible service to Retail always – through pace, accuracy and efficiency and deliver the HR agenda, supporting the businesses 3 year plan.
As our new HR Business Partner it is essential that you are prepared to travel across the UK and spend nights away from home as not only will you be expected to work from our Head Office in Willenhall, Wolverhampton but you will be spending a majority of your time in the field covering stores across the whole of the UK.
What will I be doing as a HR Business Partner for Poundland?
- You'll be responsible for effectively implementing our Retail HR strategy through successful leadership, on a day to day basis.
- You will work hand in hand with the Regional Managers by supporting and coaching them to create a culture of high performing teams.
- In addition, by empowering your own team of 5 Regional HRM’s you will influence improvement on key performance indicators such as labour turnover, performance management, absence levels, stability, headcount and succession.
- You will need to be comfortable analysing data to make recommendations, and interpret people metrics and to develop action plans to improve current performance.
- You will always have your customers at the heart of everything you do. Naturally, you will also develop great relationships with the Head Office colleagues to drive improvements and share ideas, and have effective working relationship with Regional Trade Union Reps.
What makes you the successful HR Business Partner?
- You’ll have a proven track record working as a HR Business Partner or HR Manager preferably within a high volume retail environment.
- You’ll be passionate about all things HR, and you will have lots of enthusiasm and tenacity to deliver targets in a fast-paced environment.
- You will demonstrate a breadth of thinking when reviewing existing or new approaches and have the ability to influence at all levels and able to present clear and evidence-based challenges to senior level management (up to board level).
- You will be looking to develop further your HR career and support us during our exciting journey to becoming even more successful.
Why should you apply to be our new HR Business Partner?
Here at Poundland we're a fun and friendly place to work, recognise and celebrate success and we'll encourage you to make the most of your potential! You'll be an important part of a growing UK retailer, get the opportunity to work with hardworking dedicated colleagues and be rewarded with a competitive salary, company car, and benefits package which includes a competitive annual leave allowance, pension and much more!
Apply today and take your HR Career to a new level.
Apply for HR Business Partner (Retail) – UK wide (excl. Ireland)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly