Head of Human Resources (EMEA Region)
Starting Salary: £40-45k plus benefits (experience dependent)
Oxford (hours negotiable - 22.5 to 37.5 per week)
The closing date for this role is midnight on Monday 10 December 2018
Do you have a passion for building warm, supportive relationships with staff and appropriate experience to lead the HR function? Are you interested in becoming part of a thriving growing Christian Ministry? If so, we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced, competent, CIPD qualified HR generalist to spearhead our regional HR Team at Senior Management Level. Your key aims in this role will be to work collaboratively to align HR strategies, policies and processes to fit with the organisational culture and values and ensure harmonisation across the EMEA and other global regions.
We are an Oxford based international charity with welcoming and inclusive culture and a warm working atmosphere. Our organisational vision is to help the thinker believe and the believer to think.
Key attributes we believe are required for role success are as follows:
- Strong and extensive HR generalist experience including the interpretation and application of employment law, complex employment relations management, learning and development, reward, change and talent management. Experience of working across multiple sites and cultures and qualification to CIPD at least membership level would also be a significant advantage.
- Outstanding communication (both written & verbal) and interpersonal skills and evidence of a high level of emotional intelligence. Able to swiftly secure the trust and respect of colleagues at all levels, using positive influencing and relationship building skills
- The ability to adopt a Christian and caring perspective to the leadership of HR issues and the people involved, always acting with integrity and honesty.
- Adopts a people focused, flexible and innovative approach to HR activities, working effectively alone and as part of a team with joy and enthusiasm.
- Recognised organisational skills to ensure that work is organized and planned to meet deadlines and manage diverse responsibilities with a resilient and calm demeanor under pressure.
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme, death in service scheme and a range of other work benefits.
Please note: as a result of our Christian ethos, this post is covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practicing Christian and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of the Trust. You will also need to provide proof of your right to work in the UK as part of the application process.
If you are interested in applying, email your CV, together with a covering email outlining your suitability, Christian faith and motivation for the role and to email@example.com. Further details, including a job description, role requirements and information about our benefits, are available on our website: www.zachariastrust.org/about/join-the-team. We currently anticipate that interviews will take place during week commencing 7 January 2019.