HR Project Manager (Transformation)
My client is a university based on the south coast of England who require a HR Project Manager specialising in transformation to join them for a period of 12 months on a fixed term contract. As Project Manager (HR Transformation) you will play an integral role in overseeing delivery of the HR Transformation Programme. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Human Resources and working closely with the Director of Human Resources and the HR Leadership team, the role will blend both knowledge of HR process and best practice with a clear understanding and experience of applying project management techniques.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the project team to ensure the delivery of key project milestones on time and within budget, resource and policy.
- Devising and owning the HR Transformation project plan and ensuring key milestones are identified and communicated to key stakeholders. Working with the CIP Governance Group to define the project scope, goals and deliverables, defining tasks and required resources.
- Devises and manages a regular project reporting mechanism for the HR team and relevant business leaders.
- Tracking and monitoring progress and escalating business risks where appropriate.
- Working closely with HR to ensure smooth implementation and handover project activity to business as usual at the appropriate point.
- Ensure the project and BAU HR teams are regularly updated on project activity and consulted on key decisions in a timely and proactive manner.
- Ensure the smooth and timely handover of project activity in to the business as usual HR team.
- Monitor and report on project progress, present to stakeholders reports on project status, identifying any problems and offering solutions.
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Manages resources to make sure schedule is on track.
- Evaluate and assess result of project.
- Foster partnership with customers/stakeholders/sponsors.
You will be a highly experienced project manager, able to demonstrate the practical applications of project techniques and thinking, you will have experience of delivering change within Higher Education or a comparable, knowledge intensive organisation. Highly organised, you will be able use your excellent communication and planning skills to drive the project workstream.