Provision of a professional HR service to the business and functional areas within the business, to ensure that the people resources fully contribute to efficient and profitable business performance.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide support, advice and guidance to managers and staff on all policies, procedures, legislative and regulatory issues ensuring that a consistent, commercial and best practice approach is applied
- Build lasting relationships with all levels across the organisation in order to create and add value to their operations and promote the services of HR
- Network with all levels in the business to monitor morale, people issues etc. and initiate appropriate action to ensure high levels of staff motivation are maintained
- Assist in developing and implementing UK People strategy and group initiatives
- Manage recruitment and selection processes, providing advice and guidance on job design and recruitment decisions, and utilising the most appropriate selection tools. Facilitate assessment centres and interviews to ensure that the business has people with appropriate ability and relevant skill levels for the job roles
- Continuously review and improve HR services to ensure customer requirements are met; researching best practice to support development of HR policies and procedures
- Monitor attendance and accident (LTA1) rates, working with operational managers to make recommendations and implement changes to achieve improvement
- Actively work hand in hand with line managers to deal with absenteeism cases (long & short term), supporting absence and ill health capability management processes
- Management of Occupational Health activities, to include liaison and coordination with managers, individuals, Site Administrators and OH provider.
- Facilitate redundancy or reorganisation activities, providing relevant employment law and best practice advice.
- Ensure timely and accurate management information is provided on a monthly basis, including headcount, organisation charts, absence management and performance against KPI’s
- Contribute to HR projects and ad hoc initiatives as and when required.
- Proactively support the business during annual review processes such as performance, merit, bonus and survey
- Manage and source various providers of HR services and negotiate service agreements and terms as appropriate.
- Close liaison with Payroll team to ensure all people changes are accurately reflected on HR and Payroll systems
- Maintenance of HR & Payroll Systems and development of UK HR Intranet
- UK MD and Main Board
- HR functions UK Heads of Department & Site Managers
- Functional heads and line managers
- Trade Union representatives (GMB)
- Professional associations
- Community partners
- Key suppliers of professional services and products (to include occupational health, legal and training providers)
Flexible to meet needs of business but core hours of
37.5 hours per week with ½ hour lunch each day.
Travel: Regular travel between 7 UK locations in addition to occasional European travel
- Boston, Lincolnshire
- Widnes, Cheshire
- Grangemouth, Stirlingshire
- Kings Lynn, Norfolk
- Brentwood, Essex
- Walton, Surrey
- International Travel
25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) per annum with various service related increments.
Highly competitive salary dependent on experience
More searches like this
- Construction Business partner Recruitment Non CIPD member jobs in Boston
- Electronics Business partner Recruitment Non CIPD member jobs in Boston
- Engineering / Manufacturing Business partner Recruitment Non CIPD member jobs in Boston
- Consumer goods Business partner Recruitment Non CIPD member jobs in Boston
- Food and drink Business partner Recruitment Non CIPD member jobs in Boston