Principal HR Business Partner - Shared Services
We are looking to recruit a Senior HR Business Partner with proven experience of running a shared service function, if you have set one up, this would be an added bonus.
You will be responsible setting up and for the day to day running of the HR Shared Service function for the UK. You will optimise delivery of this function by engaging the HRSS team and key stakeholders across the business. You will strive to drive improvement and efficiency of the HRSS function.
Working closely with the wider HR team and business you will also play a leading role in the further development and optimisation of the service itself.
- Standardise service delivery across the wider business groups.
- Conduct resource planning to maximise the productivity of resources (people and technology).
- The role will drive service improvement by understanding the strategic direction of the individual stakeholder needs within the business groups.
- Emphasis is on delivering excellent customer service and quality management demonstrating Shared Services capability and ROI opportunities.
- The role will be responsible for leading and inspiring the teams in developing and documenting best practice in the performance of all duties and responsibilities. This will be achieved by providing regular coaching and guidance to the shared services team and developing clear succession plans for the team.
- Working with the key stakeholders to agree, implement and deliver against Service Level Agreements.
- Knowledge of and the continuous up to date knowledge of employment legislation is required to manage statutory compliance and update processes as required.
Essential skills and experience:
- You will have HRSS experience and be CIPD qualified.
- You will have experience motivating and managing small teams.
- It’s essential you have high expectations with excellent attention for detail and aim for continuous improvement and strive for your department to be the best it can possibly be.
- You must have a solid understanding of modern HR practices, legislation and employment cultures.
- Decisive and assertive you must have excellent communication skills with the ability to promote & develop trust with all levels of employees.
- Prior experience of shared services functions where you have demonstrated performance improvements and/or innovative use of technology.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Experience in the setting up and growing a shared service function.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions. Degree level education or equivalent through relevant training and experience.
NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million.
Established in April 2013, the company is a limited company but also part of the wider NHS family. Having inherited responsibility for the facilities and property management functions previously managed by NHS primary care trusts and strategic health authorities, we own and run properties that range from listed buildings through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses.
Our aim is to deliver outstanding quality across our estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit our tenants, patients and the wider health economy.