HR Business Partner
This is an exciting role for a HR Business Partner to deliver a transformational people agenda across all Operational functions in a fast-moving national commercial company, which provides facilities services to the varied NHS estate.
The business is going through a busy time with various transformation and insourcing projects which makes this a busy and varied role where you will have the opportunity to make a real impact and add value. You will work closely with business leaders and HR colleagues on the culture and climate of their business area to drive improvements and improve performance.
This role will reside in one of our zone hubs but regular engagement and travel within the zone to engage with your business colleagues is required.
- Supporting the operational functions of the business with all employee relations matters;
- Working in partnership with key internal stakeholders to lead, develop and execute business transformation / structural changes, including managing consultations, TUPE transfers;
- Work with colleagues to further develop and roll out the solutions and customer focused strategy and culture;
- Work with HR to support the implementation of the new HR people systems and payroll;
- Work alongside the Learning & Development team to support the development of people capability, coaching to equip them with the knowledge and skills to manage teams;
- Continuing to professionalise all functions through targeted L&D solutions;
- Working with functional leads to develop people plans, including talent and succession planning, ensuring they are within established headcount and budget controls;
- Responsibility for ensuring our people understand their roles as part of our Vision, Values and performance management framework;
- Working with Hiring Managers and the Resourcing Business Partners to recruit key hires into the business;
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong experience of driving performance and managing teams.
- Expertise in embedding values and behaviours and customer excellence principles across a multi-site business.
- Strong experience of dealing with complex ER cases within a multi-disciplined team.
- Proven experience of delivering effective strategies which deliver the required outcomes.
- Expertise in leading teams to deliver significant change programmes.
- Experience of implementing a range of succession planning and talent management initiatives in commercial environment.
- Be an excellent communicator, be able to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to operate under pressure, juggle priorities and to deal with multiple often competing requests.
- Strong team working and leadership skills and the ability to influence others.
- Experience of working in a unionised environment would be useful but not essential.
- Degree level education or equivalent through relevant training and experience.
- CIPD qualified.
Why you should join us
Go further in your career and join our talented community. We are different from other property and facilities management companies; we support our NHS customers to deliver healthcare premises that meet future needs for patient services and all the profit goes back to the NHS to create efficient, sustainable and modern healthcare and working environments.
We will encourage and support you, both so you can carry out your role to the best of your ability, and to have your say; recognise and reward you for your contribution and encourage you to enjoy a good work/life balance.
NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million.
Established in April 2013, the company is a limited company but also part of the wider NHS family. Having inherited responsibility for the facilities and property management functions previously managed by NHS primary care trusts and strategic health authorities, we own and run properties that range from listed buildings through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses.
Our aim is to deliver outstanding quality across our estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit our tenants, patients and the wider health economy.