Head of Reward
Our client is a large privately owned professional services organisation who are highly acquisitive and growing at pace.
Following the appointment of a new HR Board member and an internal assessment of the organisation, they are seeking a high impact and commercial individual to take ownership for all matters relating to Reward & Benefits, designing and executing industry leading reward strategies.
The successful candidate will act as an expert on all Reward matters, advising the senior leadership members on reward best practice, innovation and latest trends to ensure industry leading benefits are implemented across the organisation.
The role requires a “hands-on” ethos – an individual who will combine strategic and operational elements.
This is a newly created role, a critical appointment for the organisation internationally and would suit an ambitious individual who is looking for their first appointment at this level.
- Review the effectiveness of existing compensation & benefits policies, guidelines and procedures, recommending revisions as well as introducing new initiatives which are cost effective, competitive and consistent with compensation trends and operational objectives.
- Develop a high performance culture to deliver strategies that recognise and reward critical skills, capabilities and performance, whilst ensuring that reward systems are equitable, market based and cost effective.
- Design and execute a more ‘fit for purpose’ compensation and benefits program – reviewing base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive programmes for the entire global population. An early priority will be to introduce and roll out new grading/job levelling and pay scale systems across the UK and International markets. The aim is to achieve a more even spread for performance.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with the Directors and Heads of Business Units – ensuring the reward dimension is fully integrated into the business strategies and plans. Educate the leaders on the reward implications of their business objectives and ensure plans are in place to minimise risks and challenges over the short to medium term.
- Utilise benchmarking research and pay/salary/benefit surveys to ensure that the reward strategy is competitive and motivational.
- Subject matter expert who is able to operate as a key strategic advisor. Be able to play a lead role in ensuring that the organisations success in meeting its business goals are achieved through effective reward strategies that aim to attract, retain and incentivise talent at all levels within the organisation.
- Able to influence at Board level will be important, as is the desire to drive new thinking in terms of creating and shaping the entire reward and benefits strategy.
- Familiar with all aspects of pay and reward, including employee pay benchmarking, incentive and total reward design, job evaluation and grading & reward strategy.
- Proven track record of being able to create real impact across all aspects of reward that will positively affect all layers of employees.