HR Services Manager
The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Home Office. We provide information to employers and other organisations in England and Wales (and barring information only in Northern Ireland) so they can make informed recruitment and licensing decisions, especially for employees and volunteers working with vulnerable groups. We also determine whether an individual can take up relevant posts by making decisions about inclusion on a barred list.
What we do really matters. Interested in joining us?
The DBS are looking to recruit inspiring people who meet our high standards and help us achieve our potential. As part of our vibrant team, you will enjoy excellent facilities and a warm and supportive working environment. As HR Services Manager, you will be responsible for delivering a highly proactive partnering service to Senior Stakeholders throughout the business, working collaboratively to deliver positive and significant change.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Manage all recruitment related activity (including high volume programmes), the identification of vacancies, advice on best practice/innovative selection processes, and selection of candidates on the basis of Civil Service principles.
- Lead the review of Recruitment Policy and Procedures ensuring the most effective solution that meets business need is delivered. Ensure compliance and provide governance of the recruitment system.
- Manage the People Support Team, providing advice, guidance and direction to the team to deliver a first class frontline HR Service to customers and act as the senior escalation point for customer issues. Provide oversight of the onboarding procedures undertaken by third party suppliers ensuring compliance and governance and that the suppliers are meeting their SLAs.
A full list of accountabilities can be found on our website.
Essential person specification:
- Experience of working within the Public Sector or Civil Service and the associated frameworks, legislation and governance.
- Experience working in recruitment and selection including assessment criteria for all roles at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages; including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Experience in managing and training a team.
Benefits: In addition to a base salary, we offer a range of benefits including: generous annual leave allowance; commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff; employee assistance programme; flexible working opportunities; childcare voucher scheme; eye care voucher scheme; cycle to work scheme.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website by clicking on apply link.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23 December 2018.