CityFleet Networks Limited is a leading ground transport company. Our service incorporates taxi, private hire, executive travel, coach hire, and specialist transport services.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional who can advise and support all CFN business units as well as lead and develop its HR functions to ensure compliance with current legislation and HR practises. The HR manager will also be responsible for implementing strategies to support the aims and growth of the business units.
- Supported by external legal representatives, ensure that Tribunal cases are administered correctly and in a timely manner;
- Work with third party suppliers to deliver and maintain essential, technical and employment law training to business units and line managers;
- Advise business and put plans in place, on key changes within employment law;
- Provide HR advice and guidance to business units as required;
- Provide and maintain up to date job descriptions for all posts;
- Maintain all contracts of employment in conjunction with external legal representative;
- Provide a framework for succession planning for all business areas;
- Advise the business on salary benchmarking.
- Provide support and coaching to all business unit management through the Performance Development Programme periodically and on an ad hoc basis;
- Promote and maintain a harmonious relationship between staff and management.
- Participate and where necessary take minutes at various management meetings to ensure that compliance with the Company’s policies is achieved;
- Ensure that all Company policies are reviewed regularly (or as appropriate in the face of new or changing legislation and case law) and maintained or amended as appropriate to ensure legal compliance and best HR practice;
- Maintain employee handbook; make suggestions and amend to ensure that the business units remain compliant and follow best practice;
- Take the lead on all TUPE Transfers, both in and out, ensuring compliance with legislation requirements;
- Advise the business on restructures and redundancies
- Assist managers dealing with complex sickness/attendance cases including referrals to occupational health advisors, reviewing medical reports and advising managers on next steps;
Ad hoc projects and tasks as directed by the Head of HR or CEO.
Essential Criteria for application
- Demonstrable experience providing HR Advice to senior management;;
- Thorough knowledge and experience of generalist HR issues;
- Exposure to a wide range of complex employee relations cases including disciplines, grievances, long term sickness, flexible working requirements and bullying and harassment;
- Working knowledge of employment law and application of that knowledge in a commercial manner;
- Experience of dealing with tribunal claims;
- Experience of policy development and implementation;
- Experience in employee engagement.
- Experience and understanding of TUPE;
- Ability to adapt to changing environments;
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with demonstrable experience of delivery to a demanding client group;
- Able to effectively manage a demanding workload and multiple priorities;
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and facilitating skills;
- High Resilience in a changing environment.
- Flexible attitude to working hours in line with business needs and demands.
- Relevant degree or degree level education (desirable);
- CIPD qualified or studying towards (desirable);
Experience of working within the industry (desirable).
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent written and spoken English with the ability to communicate clearly and at all levels;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Must be proactive, methodical and results orientated;
- Ability to take accurate minutes when required;
- Highly organised, motivated and able to prioritise workload;
- Ability to manage own workload effectively and work to strict deadlines;
- Exceptional customer service skills with a natural flair of providing support and guidance and going ‘the extra mile’;
- Process driven and able to deliver results in a high volume;
- Ability to use initiative and identify solutions when a problem or difficult situation arises;
- Must be able to demonstrate credibility to build professional relationships with both employees and managers;
- Discreet when managing confidential matters;
- Ability to collate and interpret statistical data;
- Able to build lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders/suppliers;
- An understanding/appreciation of the service requirements and the management of day to day operational issues;
- Ability to influence and persuade key decision makers;
Must be a team player and willing to develop others to increase team and individual performance.