Human Resources Manager
What we’re looking for:
The Diocese of Salford is seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to the newly created post of Human Resources Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR practitioner who thrives on driving change and promoting excellence. Reporting to the Director of Administration and Personnel, the post holder will act as the HR lead working closely with senior managers to support the development and implementation of effective HR solutions focussed on the current and emerging needs of the Diocese.
The HR Manager will
- Provide a comprehensive human resources service for the Diocese including providing technical advice to Trustees, senior managers and clergy
- Support strategic objectives by developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure a complete and effective HR solution.
- Manage all HR functions relating to employment from selection, recruitment and appointment to performance management matters, oversee payroll and pension arrangements and co-ordinate training and development.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level (or equivalent in a related discipline), CIPD qualified and/or Chartered Memberships of the CIPD
- Have general HR experience of at least 5 years, in multi-faceted organisation.
- Provide a strong focus on delivering high quality services to those with management responsibility including clergy and senior managers.
Travel around the Diocese will be necessary and the post holder will have access to their own vehicle for which essential user mileage will be paid. The nature of the duties of the successful candidate are that it will inevitably on occasion be necessary to work outside designated hours as the demands of the role require.
The Diocese of Salford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post holder will be expected to contribute to a positive culture of safeguarding within the organisation.
The successful candidate will require a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date for applications: 12noon on 24th January, 2019
To request an application pack or for more information on this post please contact:
The Director of Administration and Personnel
Department for Finance and Administration
Cathedral Centre, 3 Ford Street, Salford, M3 6DP
Telephone: 0161-817-2203 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salford Roman Catholic Diocesan Trustees Registered Charity Registered Charity No. 250037
Apply for Human Resources Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly