Waddington Brown are proud to be working in partnership with a highly successful and established business south of Colchester. This organisation has gone through a period of significant growth and is now looking to appoint an HR Manager to their management team. They are keen to appoint a capable and confident HR professional who can bring enthusiasm and efficiency to the role.
Reporting to the HR Director, the HR Manager will supervise a small team and will work very closely with the Company Directors who take an active interest in HR matters. Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Advise & assist in the planning, developing & implementation of the HR strategy
- Manage and develop the entire employee journey
- Work closely with managers on all employee issues including capability, disciplinary, absence management etc.
- Draft & implement and review policies & procedures, ensuring they meet with requirements for H&S and with the vision, mission and values of the business
- Maintain & enhance HR systems
- Oversee the L&D programme
- HR administration tasks – supporting when necessary, including payroll
To be successful in this role you will ideally be CIPD accredited and an experienced HR professional with relevant experience preferably gained in an SME. You will have a good working knowledge of employment legislation but an interest in HR strategy and the ability to see the bigger picture whilst dealing generalist HR matters. Possessing well developed communication skills, you will be used to working with directors and influencing whilst at the same time be able to liaise with stakeholders at varying levels. Health & safety experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity which in return offers a competitive salary package which includes free parking, staff discounts and training & development opportunities. For more information, please contact Waddington Brown.