Human Resources Administrator
The historic Middle Temple is one of the four Inns of Court which have the exclusive right to call men and women, who have completed the necessary academic qualifications, to the Bar of England and Wales. This entitles them, after a period of pupillage (vocational training) to practise as Barristers. As well as calling men and women to the Bar, Middle Temple is a members’ organisation for barristers and provides them with various services and resources including accommodation, dining facilities, a library and other training. The HR function supports and advises all of the Inn’s staff as well as the Council of the Inns of Court (COIC), approximately 130 employees and workers in total. Due to the nature of the organisation the Inn’s staff is made up from a diverse range of roles. This makes the work carried out by the HR department very varied and interesting and is a fantastic opportunity for somebody looking to develop a career in HR to gain a broad experience of HR practices.
- Monitor recruitment inbox.
- Assist with the production of job adverts and job descriptions.
- Contact unsuccessful candidates via email or telephone regarding the outcome of their application.
- Assist with the organisation of interviews.
- Arrange for all necessary pre- and post- recruitment checks to take place prior to an offer of employment being confirmed. These include checking the candidate has the right to work in the UK and obtaining satisfactory employment references.
New Joiners and Leavers
- Assist with induction sessions for new joiners on their first morning including:
- Arranging mandatory training
- Arranging a tour and introduction to staff
- Ensuring joiner paperwork is complete
- Assist the Human Resources Officer to ensure that all necessary paperwork and administration is completed in a timely manner including:
- New joiner paperwork is complete
- Update HR system
- Inform payroll of new joiner details
- Responsible for monitoring key probation dates (ensure mid-probation and end of probation meetings are arranged by manager and relevant forms are completed).
- Update relevant systems when an employee leaves (e.g. ADP, benefits providers, payroll)
- Assist Human Resources Officer with leaver’s forms and leaver’s letters.
- Monitoring, recording and coding of invoices received by the HR department.
- Assist with the administration of the current suite of benefits (e.g. private healthcare, season ticket loans, eye test vouchers) provided to staff.
- Assist with the monitoring and updating of the HR & Payroll database (ADP) - updating new employee details, starters, leavers, and changes.
- Assist staff with the use of the ADP system as required.
- Assist with records management procedures in line with relevant legislation.
- Maintain a complete and accurate file for each employee of the Inn referencing all key employment documentation.
- General filing of confidential paperwork both electronically and in hard copy to personal files.
- Assist with monitoring and updating of the Inn’s absence and holiday records and provide monthly reports on attendance and trends.
- Assist with the maintenance of the staff Inn-tranet.
- Assist the Human Resources team with the identification and implementation of staff wellbeing initiatives.
- Support the Human Resources team in the implementation of key projects,
- Acting as part of the face of HR, collaborate with staff and managers across the business to help resolve queries.
- Assist the Head of Human Resources in managing essential bi-annual cycles such as performance reviews, salary reviews, and training plans.
- Assist the Human Resources Officer with updating staff training records.
- Arrange training courses for staff members as required.
- Monitor the Human Resources email inbox.
- Assist with ensuring all performance review forms are returned, logged and filed in a timely manner.
- Log performance review data (e.g. performance review scores and individual training needs and objectives) on relevant records.
More searches like this
- Legal Assistant/Administrator/Co-ordinator General HR Function Non CIPD member jobs in London (Central)
- Charities, Not For Profit Assistant/Administrator/Co-ordinator General HR Function Non CIPD member jobs in London (Central)
- Private Sector Assistant/Administrator/Co-ordinator General HR Function Non CIPD member jobs in London (Central)