Human Resources Assistant
We are looking for a recent Human Resources graduate who will support the Company’s HR Consultants with ad-hoc projects across a number of different clients.
The scope of this position is to provide complete Administrative support under the direction of the Lead HR Consultants, this could be anything from HR administrative tasks to B2B meeting preparation. The post-holder (with guidance from the Lead HR Consultant) will provide initial HR guidance as appropriate, referring any more complex situations to the Lead HR Consultant within Nestor as appropriate. The post-holder will be required to adopt a pro-active approach towards improving administrative processes and ensuring legal compliance with all HR reporting and record keeping etc.
The post-holder will support the other HR Consultants within Nestor with their day to day or long term projects that they are working on for other clients. This will offer insight into different industries and HR elements within the consulting sector, growing the post-holder’s skills, knowledge and behaviours within Human Resources.
There is a requirement that the post-holder will meet the changing client needs, re-prioritising as necessary and working closely with the entire consulting team to ensure an effective and high value service is provided to our clients.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the entire recruitment life-cycle from new starter process through to exit interviews on the HRIS database
- Administration of all new starters, leavers, transfers and amendments etc.
- Probation letters
- Salary change
- Ensuring proof of right to work documentation are received for all staff
- Ensuring all relevant CRB and DBS checks / disclosures are completed
- Ensure all published job descriptions and person specifications are up to date and the correct version
- Liaise with external recruitment agencies, ensuring rates are the best available for the client.
- Maintenance of computerised HRIS database and paper-based filing systems in compliance with GDPR.
- Provide monthly payroll collation
- Undertake the administration for salary reviews / annual incremental reviews and work alongside the client’s outsourced Payroll provider to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure all HR related data (absence, maternity etc.) is input to meet payroll timetables
- Refer formal/complex employee relations and disciplinary/grievance issues to the Lead HR Consultant.
- Provide admin support for investigations, disciplinary and grievances by producing meeting documentation packs, standard letters, arranging formal meetings and taking and producing minutes within the required timescales for all Clients.
- Provide admin support for capability meetings by producing meeting documentation packs, standard letters, arranging formal meetings and taking and producing minutes within the required timescales for all Clients.
- Recording and collation of sickness absence (episodes, trends and areas etc.)
- Provide data for and prepare management information reports (e.g. KPI reports on turnover, absence, recruitment status etc.) as and when required
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties to support the client and or Nestor consulting team.
- The role may require ad-hoc travel as and when required
The ideal candidate will have:
- ·6 – 12 months’ experience within a HR Department preferably
- Knowledge of basic employment legislation
- Recent Masters or Bachelors Graduate, preferably within Human Resources although relevant degrees will be considered.
- Part/Full CIPD qualified
- Logical approach
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups
- Flexible and adaptive style/approach towards the requirements of the role, and the client business requirements
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Office Suite and HRIS systems
This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your HR career, whilst working on a high profile client within an independent HR consultancy.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm
Benefits: Discretionary bonus, Group Life (4x salary), Season ticket loan, 25 days holiday.
Contract Type: Permanent