Head of People
Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of Transform’s People Strategy and achievement of all corporate people related objectives and targets, as set out in the annual business plan; as well as leading and developing Transform’s people support services.
Reporting to the Board on people related matters and strategy progress, and servicing the People Committee; contributing also to overall business strategy and development.
Working alongside and as an active member of the HR team, to ensure effective service delivery to all of Transform’s frontline and other central services.
- Contribute, as a member of the Executive team, to the formulation of an overall strategy for the organisation and corporate decision making on a continuous basis, attending and contributing to Board meetings as required.
- Lead on the development and implementation of Transform’s People Strategy ensuring that it is aligned with the wider business strategy.
- Lead on the delivery of effective recruitment processes, which use all available channels to ensure a pipeline of suitable candidates, at the same time managing the staffing establishment with the wider Executive team to ensure budgetary adherence.
- Develop a clear employer proposition that maximises opportunities to attract candidates through targeted or bespoke campaigns.
- Lead on the identification of key drivers of engagement and attrition across our workforce. Design and implement targeted interventions to increase levels of engagement and reduce voluntary turnover.
- Own the employee engagement survey and the establishment of clear employee feedback mechanisms for results and priorities.
- Lead on employee related change management projects, as well as ongoing HR policy and process development.
- Together with your Executive colleagues lead on the development and promotion of a positive organisation-wide culture that reflects our values, and has a strong emphasis on high performance and operational excellence.
- Review effectiveness of the existing approach to reward, benefits and recognition recommending improvements where required to establish a culture that celebrates success.
- Identify future capability needs required to meet the growing demands of increased regulation and our future business development strategy.
- Manage and evolve our learning and development interventions, and lead on ensuring retention of our Investor in People accreditation.
- Ensure team compliance with all required standards and audit actions, regularly reporting to the Executive team on progress.
- Lead and contribute as a member of the HR team in providing a professional and proactive HR service to all business areas, as well as overseeing the contributions of volunteering across the organisation.
- Develop the performance of the HR team to take on wider responsibilities, with support, training and coaching to develop skills and motivate achievement.
- Utilise key people metrics to drive debate and influence business decisions.
- Manage the relationship between Transform and the Staff Forum, leading in key negotiation and consultation meetings.
- Develop and foster strong links and communication channels with other departments to achieve our strategic operational and corporate objectives.
- Maintain a strong awareness of best practice, employment legislation and statutory guidance to ensure Transform conforms to all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Any other responsibilities consistent with those set out above.
- Degree level qualification in human resources management and / or Chartered MCIPD qualified.
- Experience of working at a senior level, and of contributing to organisational strategy development and corporate decision making.
- Experience of developing an organisational-wide people strategy, and of monitoring and reporting on progress at Board and / or executive levels.
- Experience of leading on employee related change projects, as well as HR policy and process development.
- Experience of leading on the development and promotion of a positive organisational culture, with a strong emphasis on high performance and operational excellence.
- Proven track record of working in a generalist human resources management role, across all four HRM strands i.e. learning & development, relations, resourcing and reward.
- A sound working knowledge of employment law, and an ability to reflect this clearly in relevant policies and procedures, and any advice given.
- Experience of providing advice and support to managers in dealing with a wide range of staff issues.
- Experience of leading and developing high performing teams.
- Experience of using key people metrics to drive debate and influence business decisions.
- Experience of planning and managing staff consultations.
- Experience of effective budget management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills to ensure accurate and valid data analysis, management and reporting.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload and to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team, as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
- Commitment to promoting equalities and diversity practices and working knowledge of equal opportunities as it affects Transform’s staff.
- High standards of personal integrity and willingness to adhere to Transform’s values.
- Possession of a full valid driving licence and the use of a car for business purposes.
- Experience of preparing papers for, and of attending and contributing to Board meetings.
- Experience of managing TUPE transfers.
- Experience of working in social housing, supported housing or homecare.
- Experience of attaining or ensuring retention of Investor in People accreditation.
You may have experience of the following: Head of People, Head of HR, People Manager, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, Head of Human Resources, HR Consultant, Human Resources Consultant, HRBP, HR Business Partner, etc.