District HR Lead
As a District HR Lead for St John Ambulance, you will help your District Manager and district leadership team do the best possible job of managing all the volunteers in your district. You will do this by advising and coaching managers in the use of policies and processes relating to recruitment, development and any conduct issues that arise and lead a small team of HR volunteers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist the district manager in raising the standard of leadership across the district including coaching and mentoring volunteer managers.
- Supervise and support a team of HR volunteers in delivering HR support to volunteer managers within the district.
- As a team, provide a single point of contact for HR-related queries within the district.
- Assist in the effective handling of all volunteer discipline and grievance issues, including mediation as necessary.
- Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of area managers and unit managers within your district.
- Train volunteer managers in HR specific subjects including volunteer development reviews.
- Support the district manager and area managers in identifying gaps in volunteer numbers and developing recruitment plans.
- Ensure that recruitment and selection is of a high standard and complies with national standards.
- Support the district manager in measuring volunteering outcomes with the aim of increasing volunteer productivity.
- Working with the district leadership team to implement and operating people procedures including volunteer recognition, volunteer development reviews, inductions.
- Proactively engage in improving the volunteers’ experience of SJA.
- Carry out specific projects as needed – e.g. volunteer attrition in a unit/area.
This is a volunteer role and the District HR Lead should be able to commit on average 10 hours per week.
St John Ambulance have roles available in the West Midlands and Warwickshire.