- Full Time
Executive compensation, Group Share Schemes and Global Mobility functions have been brought together under Executive Compensation sub-function to better manage synergies across the Group’s most senior population.
Reward Manager role will support executive compensation agenda – focus on internal capability build, proactive generation of insights, operational support for annual remuneration reporting, corporate governance reporting and analysis of investors’ and voting agencies’ views / guidelines on executive remuneration matters.
The role will require an experienced HR professional to take the lead in shaping and delivering executive remuneration agenda for BAT. This role is an excellent opportunity for a reward professional with a powerful track record to contribute to the success of a leading-edge center of expertise. The role requires a sharp understanding of both executive remuneration best practice and of how to use information systems, processes and communication techniques to transform reward agenda and contribute substantially to the wider business agenda and policy development. The role will need an understanding of the impact of change on people and will need to manage this sensitively.
The successful candidate will have a track record of reward, particularly in the area research and executive remuneration. Ideally, this will include experience of working in a PLC environment and / or research agency / consultancy organization. The role is expected to collaborate closely with executives at a senior level and to operate with diverse stakeholders.
- Leading the research projects and insight generation under the executive remuneration agenda, with a particular focus on BAT’s key peer group international companies and FTSE100 companies. The research projects would include an understanding of key elements of executive remuneration in comparator companies as well as having a view of their upcoming policy changes and their reaction to the changes in corporate governance code.
- Driving the Annual Directors’ Remuneration Report, in coordination with other departments and the drafting team
- Driving the statutory analysis processes such as CEO pay ratio, minimum shareholding requirements etc.
- Creating an external engagement framework that will enable the understanding of investors’ key concerns, their expectations and voting guidelines.
- Supporting Remuneration Committee in its extended remit / responsibilities
- Define and own the strategic third-party supplier relationships to deliver against defined scope. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with appropriate colleagues from stakeholder organizations
- Follow up the corporate governance environment closely and proactively, to ensure business readiness to any potential changes or future requirements.
- Produce and communicate regular, informative reports on key trends/issues for the reward leadership team and RemCo
- Collaborate with Executive Remuneration teams of other organizations for extending the network
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the executive remuneration agenda.
- Accountable for implementing and maintaining a robust compliance environment in the executive remuneration stream
- Contribute to the evolution of the executive remuneration stream to ensure agility and responsiveness to external driven changes and investor landscape; legislative and contextual changes.
- The upcoming changes in the corporate governance code will require intensive communication of the executive remuneration elements to the wider workforce. The role will be accountable to drive the communication channels accordingly.
- Build the skills within the team to ensure robust capabilities in understanding the executive remuneration market and analyzing the trends
- A successful track record of research and insights Experience in Executive Directors’ Remuneration Policies and Directors Remuneration Reporting process
- Experience of working within, or with, complex organisations.
- Substantial people leadership and project management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of reward best practice
- Experience of working at both a strategic and operational level is essential.