HR Organisational Development Manager
Overall Purpose/Aim: To design and deliver people and change organisational development strategies in
support of our strategic and operational aims for growth and innovation. To work with teams across the group, particularly HR to embed the core organisational values and create a high performing learning culture where staff feel supported, developed, cared for, and rewarded.
- I) Main Tasks
- • To design and deliver OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions which foster the Group’s ambition for a high performing culture where staff can grow, learn, and innovate in a supportive and caring environment.
- • To design and facilitate in house events to support the achievement of the required culture. Examples include themed sessions (ongoing and annual) for staff, providing opportunities to reflect, be inspired and actively demonstrate and promote the core values.
- • Build staff engagement and culture of innovation, learning and collaboration by actively leading on the delivery of ongoing relevant communication, utilising the latest tech mediums.
- • To support specific performance and cultural improvement initiatives e.g. through a staff appraisal scheme based around the key behavioural competencies and a 360 degree feedback process.
- • To identify opportunities for improvement through internal research such as surveys, focus groups and process reviews, as well external research in to good practice and new ideas.
- • To commission and manage additional internal and external resources as and when required to ensure delivery of agreed OD initiatives.
Learning & Development
- • To develop coaching, mentoring, secondment and shadowing schemes to support staff development and achievement of the required cultural values and competencies
- • To design and implement a set of demonstrable and measurable leadership competencies.
- • To design, develop and manage transformative leadership development programmes for all executives and managers to promote and achieve the required cultural outcomes across all levels of the workforce
- • To develop or commission relevant training interventions to support the achievement of the required culture
- • To develop an approach to talent management and succession planning and to co-ordinate the contributions of individuals and teams to ensure effective implementation
- • To work with HR to develop a staff skills and knowledge database to maximise the talents of the organisation
- • To work with HR to incorporate the values and behaviours within HR operational processes and practices.
- • To develop and implement well-being schemes to ensure staff feel cared for physically and emotional.
- • To design initiatives which recognize staff demonstration of the core values and competencies as part of the overall reward and recognition scheme.
- • To support staff to feel connected to organisationally aligned good causes through charitable and other community initiatives.
II) Common Responsibilities and Behaviours
- • To comply with Group confidentiality and information security policies at all times.
- • To at all times uphold the positive and professional image of the Group.
- • To always work in a safe and responsible way which reflects the Group values
- • Comply at all times with the requirements of health and safety regulations to ensure own wellbeing and other colleagues
- • Promote and comply with company policies on diversity and equality both in the delivery of services and treatment of others.
III) Additional Duties
- • The post holder will be expected to demonstrate that the company values are at the centre of all they do.
- • The post holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
- • The post holder will be expected to reach a minimum basic standard of I.T. competence to be able to use Company electronic systems effectively.
- • The post holder will be expected to ensure to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices.
- • The post holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy in place and ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
It is the nature of work of the Group of Companies that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are, therefore, expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description and have to be undertaken.
Note to Applicant: When completing your application form you should demonstrate the extent to which you have the necessary education, experience, knowledge and skills identified for the post.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent (Essential)
• Post Graduate qualification in Organisation Development or equivalent (Essential)
• Level 7 CIPD qualified (Essential)
Skills & Knowledge (all essential)
• Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills with people at all levels
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills
• Effective planning and project management skills with the ability to set and work to deadlines
• Change management skills
• Event design and facilitation skills
• Resilient and flexible to change, with an ability to manage high workload, conflicting priorities and pressure
• Proven capability to lead, develop and motivate staff and management
• Ability to assemble complex ideas, issues and observations into solutions for others. Innovate by looking at issues from different perspectives.
• Able to build positive relationships at all levels, quickly establishing professional credibility, and able to influence and coach managers at all levels.
• Significant experience of designing and implementing complex organisation change and interventions supporting culture change
• Proven experience of L&D and OD policy development and implementation
• Experience of developing blended learning solutions including training, facilitation, e-learning and coaching
• Proven track record in delivering successful OD projects and supporting organisational change, influencing, building and sustaining relationships in order to achieve results
• Ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data and produce management reports
• Experience of and commitment to continuous organisational improvement and the ability to act as a change agent
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
• Be able to demonstrate effective communication in writing
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Reliability, flexibility and dependability
• Ability to create a positive working environment where people have the opportunity to reach their potential
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work under pressure and handle changing priorities
• A commitment to Equal Opportunities in all work practices
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively on a variety of road systems, including occasionally residing away from home when needed or necessary
• Be open to direction, using initiative to seek advice where necessary
• A commitment to providing a professional and quality service
• Ability and willingness to work flexibly including weekend, early morning and evening work as necessary
• Must possess a full driving licence
More searches like this
- Sales/Customer Service Manager Talent Management CIPD Member jobs in Birmingham
- Not For Profit, Charities Manager Talent Management CIPD Member jobs in Birmingham
- Social Services Manager Talent Management CIPD Member jobs in Birmingham
- Private Sector Manager Talent Management CIPD Member jobs in Birmingham