Strategic HR volunteers to support SEND schools in Liverpool
Are you passionate about helping improve young people’s futures? Can you help special education needs schools connect with the world of work?
The CIPD is pleased to be recruiting volunteers across England to join the prestigious Enterprise Adviser Network. We have requests from schools in Liverpool City Region for strategic volunteers who are passionate to work with schools with cohorts of young people with special educational needs.
Who are Enterprise Advisers?
Enterprise Advisers are professional volunteers who work directly with schools’ leadership teams to help them develop effective careers education strategies and develop meaningful connections with local employers.
Many young people with special educational needs would benefit from additional career support. With the right support and encouragement, many young people can access the broad range of career outcomes available to their peers including apprenticeships, employer training schemes, university or employment.
- develop your leadership and networking skills
- support a local school and the wider community
- drive change locally to ensure that all young people have insight and access to opportunities
- play an active role in helping SEND schools develop ‘work ready’ young people
- an opportunity to learn about the education sector, SEND schools and to better understand how businesses can support this cohort of future talent
- promote your organisation and your profession
- Proactively reach out within your professional network and to local businesses to allow the school and students to make meaningful connections with employers
Ideal candidates for this role will be:
- an experienced HR and/or L&D professional
- passionate about tackling youth employment and supporting future talent
- ideally will have an understanding or experience of working with young people with additional needs, or interest in getting involved with an SEND school
- experienced in developing and delivering strategies
- comfortable working with senior level school staff in leadership positions
- able to commit around eight hours per month for at least one academic year (this will include face-to-face meetings with teachers during school hours, as well as remote support by phone/email)
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete a short expression of interest form via the 'Apply' button. We will then be in touch with further information. For any other queries please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are welcoming expressions of interest from across England however we are particularly interested in hearing from applicants in the Liverpool City Region.
More searches like this
- Accountancy Trainer Talent Management Non CIPD member jobs in Wirral
- Advertising / Creative Trainer Talent Management Non CIPD member jobs in Wirral
- Banking,Finance and Insurance Trainer Talent Management Non CIPD member jobs in Wirral
- Construction Trainer Talent Management Non CIPD member jobs in Wirral
- Consultancy Trainer Talent Management Non CIPD member jobs in Wirral