HR and OD Business Manager
We are a growing business looking for an experienced HR/OD manager to lead us through exciting change and culture development in a wide ranging role. You will lead a team of 3 plus a H&S Advisor to manage HR and OD delivery in the business in accordance with current legislation, government initiatives, priorities and best practice.
You will drive performance improvement through organisational development, culture and change management strategies, processes and interventions that foster a high performance culture, ensuring a high quality responsive service is provided which is able to attract, retain, motivate and develop high quality staff for the business. Responsibilities are:
- Managing the provision of an effective and efficient strategic HR and OD function, promoting best practice and consistency across Six Town Housing. Inspire, coach, support and provide effective management for your team and other colleagues across the business; creating a great place to work where people feel valued, are highly engaged and encouraged to do the best they can
- Working with the Executive to develop and implement integrated corporate and service specific HR and OD strategies, processes and interventions to ensure that organisational development initiatives are appropriately integrated and aligned with strategic and business goals.
- Developing initiatives which foster a high performance culture, where valuing learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the norm and which support the Vision and Values of Six Town Housing.
- Supporting and building leadership and management capability, engaging with business managers to drive forward culture change and performance improvement through effective leadership, with particular emphasis on raising awareness amongst managers to enable them to undertake their people management responsibilities effectively
- Developing and managing policies and procedures for Human Resources, Health and Safety and Learning and Development, ensuring legal compliance and best practice for the business; managing and monitoring operational risks for the business area and ensuring effective controls are in place through robust procedures.
- Managing an employee relations caseload, minimising risk and providing advice, guidance and support to managers, Board and HR Advisors.
- Lead employee relations negotiations between the union, staff, and Six Town Housing. Delivering effective and positive consultation and negotiation to implement change.
- Fostering a culture of change and continual improvement within the HR/OD service, ensuring the service continues to meet the needs of the business in attracting and retaining high quality staff and assists in working with STH communities e.g. to improve employability
- Managing the provision of Health and Safety support to the business including monitoring and evaluation for statutory compliance, overseeing arrangements for employee safety and welfare and reporting to statutory authorities.
- Developing, monitoring and evaluating arrangements to ensure Equality and Diversity are promoted and strived for within the business.
- Managing and monitoring the Company’s job evaluation process, ensuring the methodology suits business needs.