We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to join our HR Team at dotdigital for a 12 month maternity cover contract. We are ideally looking for an individual with 5 years HR experience in an international fast paced organization.
Working directly with our Global HR Director and alongside the Recruitment Manager, you will provide valuable support in our busy global business during a period of significant growth. This role will suit someone form a similar SaaS or tech environment who has a flair for learning and development, project work and employee engagement.
Our HR Director will provide ample support though you will need to be a self-starter, technically HR capable and demonstrate an aptitude to work in a collaborative, fast paced business. You will also benefit from our wider HR Team and peers; we are a tight knit team and enjoy supporting each other.
You will be responsible for some general team management, the design and development of Learning and Development programmes and management of the L&D training budget, supporting localised resourcing and candidate interviews, on-boarding of new hires as well as off-boarding, provide advice and assistance with HR queries across multiple sites in the areas of employee relations, performance management, compensation & benefits, data maintenance of our HRIS, and general employee relations and initiatives
Conducting international HR responsibilities would also be a part of your role, we have employees in offices in the US, APAC and Europe. Excellent UK employment law knowledge will be necessary, with any international experience a useful bonus.
Attitude is key, the volume of work is manageable though it can be demanding at times. You will very much be part of a team and will have the required support and training. We promote work life balance and believe your role is achievable during working hours.
This role is offering 60k basic and employment comes with the full suite of dotmailer benefits including our pension contribution scheme, health plan and more. The role would be split location between our East Croydon and London Bridge offices on a day to day basis, dependant on business demands.
- Bachelor's degree, CIPD qualification or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years+ of relevant work experience in HR, people programs, staffing or other large-scale people-related roles
- Business partner or generalist experience.
- Provided HR support and consultation to the business through coaching, training and advisory support that are aligned to our culture of innovation and fairness.
- Supported the business through HR cyclical programs such as performance management, compensation planning, and employee engagement.
- Provided fair and consistent HR advice.
- Be a change management expert, with experience of working with stakeholders to deliver change.
- Identified opportunities to drive the business goals, improve HR processes and efficiencies, and make recommendations to the business from the overall view point of the business.
- Experienced with data, analysis, and reports.
- Collaboration, interaction and influence at all levels globally, inc Senior Directors
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork and organisational skills
- Line management experience
- Manage the HR Assistants providing support, direction, instruction and pastoral care
- Oversee the HR projects Work in Progress
- Involvement in screening and vetting of all potential employees including face to face interviewing by one of the HR team and employment checks and referencing is carried out
- Oversee the onboarding and induction of new employees including information provided to pre-starters, inductions for their first day
- Work together with key Stakeholders
Compensation and benefits
- Ensure delivery of timely and accurate payroll briefings for all employees (with the exception of the Belarus team)
- Work on the annual performance review and merit increases across the business
- Working together with Senior Managers across dotdigital on a full range of employee issues
- Managing/ overseeing disciplinaries/grievances/performance management/terminations - working closely with Managers
- Ensure that employee data is collected and stored and provide a range of reporting and analytics to stakeholders within and external to dotdigital, including Gender Pay reporting
- Work with individuals on long term sickness and general wellbeing, managing specific cases directly where required
- Ensure employees have access to self-service information and queries are managed and responded to appropriately
Learning and development
- Managing the training budget to provide a tailored L&D program across the UK and International teams
- Creating and delivering training general training content, both personally and also working with the HR team and Senior Managers
- Report on the success of training including learning transfer
- Manage the UK office ordering budget
- Global capacity planning and office planning
- Lease management
- Business Continuity Planning
Founded in a London pub in 1999, we’ve come a long way to get here. Today, dotdigital has over 350 employees and offices across four continents. dotdigital’s easy-to-use Engagement Cloud combines powerful technology with passionate people to deliver an unbeatable service.
Engagement Cloud is an omni channel marketing platform, allowing businesses to engage with their customers through email, SMS, social media and advertising via mobile, web and chat technologies.
In our efforts to pre-empt customers’ needs, we’ve expanded far beyond the capabilities of a simple email provider. We’ve added channels, features, and integrations to our platform, year on year, until becoming a customer engagement platform with powerful omnichannel capabilities.
We have offices in London, East Croydon, Manchester and Cheltenham in the UK. Our international locations include New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Melbourne, Cape Town and Minsk.