The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Home Office. We provide information to employers and other organisations in England and Wales (and barring information only in Northern Ireland) so they can make informed recruitment and licensing decisions, especially for employees and volunteers working with vulnerable groups. We also determine whether an individual can take up relevant posts by making decisions about inclusion on a barred list.
What we do really matters. Interested in joining us?
The DBS are looking to recruit inspiring people who meet our high standards and help us achieve our potential. As part of our vibrant team, you will enjoy excellent facilities and a warm and supportive working environment. As HR Advisor, you will support the HR Services function to ensure that we deliver an effective HR service.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Supporting HR Business Partners (HRBP) in all HR matters, including complex HR matters, employee health and wellbeing and also act as first point of contact in general HR matters;
- Providing generalist HR advice, guidance and support to managers and staff on people matters, including but not limited to, disciplinary, capability and grievance issues, sickness absence, recruitment and workforce planning;
- Liaising with Trade Union and key stakeholders in relation to HR matters;
- Supporting HRBP’s in working with operational management teams to identify opportunities/areas of improvement to support improved organisational and people performance in line with business needs;
- Providing support in the production of project plans and an overarching Milestone Plan to support the delivery of DBS HR Strategic Priorities.
A full list of accountabilities can be found on our website.
- You will be part or fully qualified to CIPD level 3 or hold an equivalent qualification.
Benefits: In addition to a base salary, we offer a range of benefits including: generous annual leave allowance; commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff; employee assistance programme; flexible working opportunities; childcare voucher scheme; eye care voucher scheme; cycle to work scheme.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 27 February 2019.