Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development
Corporate and Commercial Services
Contract type: Permanent
Terms and Conditions: JNC Chief Officer
Hours per week: 36.66
Based: Oldham Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UT
Closing date: 9.00am on 20 March 2019
Complex challenges require sophisticated solutions and sophisticated solutions require special people to design and innovate them.
Oldham has more than its share of challenges, and that makes for a complex and interesting environment.
The devolution of NHS funding into Greater Manchester has seen Oldham develop and create Oldham Cares to bring together NHS and Local Government people to work collaboratively; different organisations working together to deliver great adult health and social care for the people of Oldham.
The continuing financial strain of austerity requires the development of our people to work in new ways to enable us to rise to the challenge of continuing to provide the services so valued by the people of Oldham.
The potential for lasting change is huge and we are embarking on a major programme of transformation, with people and culture at its very heart.
The Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development will play a vital role developing the wider integration of public services, adopting asset-based approaches to ensure closer working with communities. Working in a complex partnering environment, you will create the people vision and strategic plans, providing direction to the HR and OD function to inspire creative and innovative working practices and to enable transformational change and collaborative working.
These are exciting and challenging times, and you will need to:
- Have demonstrable experience of delivering real transformation through HR and OD interventions resulting in improved working lives and organisational performance
- Be passionate about people, and live and champion our values and behaviours
- Have a proven track record of successful strategic HR and OD leadership within local government or similar / partner organisations
- Be adept at building and sustaining effective working relationships in a complex multi-agency environment
- Have the courage to challenge and do things differently to enable culture shift
So if you are looking to be at the forefront of enabling the delivery of something very different to the norm we would love to hear from you. If you want to come here to deliver incremental change this is not for you. For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact our recruitment partners at Penna; Pete John on 07701 305617 or via email@example.com or Helen Alwell on 07809 905467 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, including videos of our team members talking about what it’s like to work for Oldham Council, please visit our blogs:
For details of how we use your data please see our privacy notice: https://www.oldham.gov.uk/downloads/file/4967/employment_privacy_notice_-_oldham_council_10
To apply for this role please visit our website.
Your application should include:
- Your current CV
- Your supporting statement which must be aligned to the criteria outlined in the person specification (maximum 4 pages)
- Contact details of at least TWO referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will not be approached without your prior permission.