HR Coordinator / Manager
PJA is a professional services consultancy business, offering Transport Planning, Engineering and Placemaking services to the development planning industry. We employ 70 people across five UK offices and due to the growth of our business we now require a permanent HR Coordinator / Manager.
This is a new part-time role, likely to be circa 20 - 24 hours per week, but with some flexibility to suit the ideal candidate. This role will be based at our modern head office in the new Longbridge town centre, Birmingham.
- Process all new starters and leavers including production of employment contracts, induction packs, reference requests, company handbooks, leaver letters and holiday payments.
- Process all paperwork associated with employment changes and variations to contracts.
- Create and maintain all employee personnel files (electronic and hard copy), ensuring archiving of leavers and cleansing of information held in line with the requirements of GDPR.
- Create and maintain up to date folders for all employee benefit information.
- Manage leave adjustments, including annual leave and maternity/paternity leave.
- Manage CPD events and maintain appropriate records.
- Assist with any recruitment administration, including employment applications and ensure recruitment practices are met.
- Manage the administration of the company pension, life insurance and private healthcare schemes, liaising with company’s professional advisors where required.
- Support the administration of annual performance reviews, pay reviews and promotions.
- Maintain the HR database including sickness absence reporting and management.
- Support the senior management team with all additional HR administration requirements, including updates to HR related documentation and policies.
- Chase line managers for missing information as required.
- Monitor and chase timesheets as required.
- Any other duties as required by the business.
Key skills & competency requirements
- Strong MS Outlook, Excel and Word skills are essential.
- Flexibility with hours and peak periods of work is preferable.
- Prior experience is essential.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach to work with the ability to multi-task.
- Meticulous and accurate.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communicator and personable.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise.
- Process driven.
- Team player.
- Good standard of formal education (A level preferred).
- Above average literacy and numeracy.
- CIPD or equivalent HR qualification desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to deal successfully with all types of people, at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal/management skills.
- Above average critical thinking ability.
- Computer literate, preferably with knowledge of accounting IT systems.
More searches like this
- Construction Manager HR function Non CIPD member jobs in Redditch
- Consultancy Manager HR function Non CIPD member jobs in Redditch
- Engineering / Manufacturing Manager HR function Non CIPD member jobs in Redditch
- Housing Manager HR function Non CIPD member jobs in Redditch
- Private Sector Manager HR function Non CIPD member jobs in Redditch