People Operations Coordinator
Are you looking for a career in HR? Do you have enviable administration skills and looking to progress in an environment where people genuinely love what they do?
Reporting to the Head of People & Talent, this role will support the wider People & Talent team to deliver exceptional people operations services to everyone in Dennis. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a friendly and flourishing company and to gain strong insight into a fast-paced media business.
Supporting the People Operations Executive, you’ll take the lead in managing the department’s employee lifecycle administration, which includes invoicing and balancing costs against budget, responding to reference requests, data entry, involvement in onboarding new starters, drafting all employee correspondence including offer letters, contracts and other employment documentation, booking learning & development sessions and supporting the logistics of our employee engagement initiatives.
You’ll have fantastic organisational and administration skills with razor-sharp attention to detail - and you’ll be comfortable and confident to communicate with people from all levels of the business.
You’ll also have plenty of initiative to problem solve with a real ‘can do’ attitude and the determination to deliver a high standard of service to your client group. Time management and prioritisation will come naturally to you, and you’ll always be calm under pressure.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a friendly and flourishing company and to gain strong insight into a fast-paced media business. If you’re the right candidate, you’ll be hungry to learn about all aspects of People and Talent; and if you’re keen to progress your career - then we’ll give you the support to do exactly that - whether that be to support a Business apprenticeship or support toward a level 3 CIPD qualification.
You will have:
- At least two qualifications, which could include Grade A-C GCSE’s, a level 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications
- A good understanding of the full HR life cycle from on-boarding to exit would be beneficial
- A passion/interest in working within a People & Talent department
- A natural intellect and approach to work
- Experience in administration or in a support based role and have great organisational skills
- Alongside excellent interpersonal skills you be a great communicator and have self-motivation and the ability to use your own initiative
- You won’t be phased by talking to staff at all levels from our board of directors through to interns
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!