This is a standalone position and you will proactively keep all workforce data safe, current and accurate. Responsible for managing the day to day HR issues of the organisation, including the implementation of processes and procedures for the entire workforce which will include employees, casual workers and apprentices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Work closely with line managers, assisting them to understand and implement policies and procedures, including all terms and conditions of employment, in line with best practice.
- Review and issue all HR policies and processes in line with legislative changes, liaising with external advisors to the Company to make appropriate and effective amendments.
- Leading and support recruitment and selection strategies, ensuring on-line applications work efficiently. Develop job descriptions and person specifications, advertising, interview questions etc.
- Carry out all pre employment procedures including pre –medical appointment, offer letter, contract, DBS applications if required, references, medical history, emergency contact details, ID and qualifications.
- Follow up completed probationary forms and prepare relevant correspondence to employees.
- Evaluate and organise cost-effective employee training and perform new starter inductions, recording all attainments on the HR system.
- Implement and perform new starter inductions.
- Update and maintain employee records via the online HR system.
- Organise appraisal reviews, ensuring records have been uploaded onto the HR system with the objectives being set.
- Interpret and advise on employment legislation.
- Oversee staff attendance, timekeeping, rotas and absence management ensuring self- certification forms and return to work forms are recorded on the HR system.
- Prepare all required documentation related to any changes to terms and conditions, and administration of types of leave i.e. maternity, paternity, jury service etc.
- Administer financial elements such as payroll, benefits and pension schemes, advising any issues, including renewal negotiations.
- Advise current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Manage talent and succession planning by developing strategies with line managers, taking into consideration immediate and long term staff requirements in terms of numbers and skill levels.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation, including regular communication to all employees and developing programmes of information and social events.
- Manage complex employee relations including dispute resolution, disciplinaries, grievances, retirement and incorporate minute taking.
- Organise exit interviews ensuring relevant forms are completed and uploaded onto the HR system.
- Maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy.
- Other duties as required to ensure the Company is run effectively.
• Member of CIPD
• Degree in Business Management or HR
• At least 5 years experience as a general HR Manager
• Previous hands on HR experience
• Ability to deliver HR solutions across a broad range of disciplines including attendance management, performance reviews, discipline, grievance, investigations, training, induction and policies.
• Strong knowledge of employment legislation.
• Recruitment and selection.
• Discipline and grievance.
• Policy updating and communication.
• Updating and maintaining contracts
• Advanced MS Office skills.
• HR systems.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
• Problem solving and critical thinking.
• Ability to listen.
• Problem solving.
• Conflict management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to be discrete with a sensitive nature.
• A driven and self-motivated individual with a “can do” attitude.
• Able to manage time and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Able to manage the demands of numerous simultaneous tasks.
• Strong ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
• Lead by example.
• Willing to undertake further training to fulfill the requirements of the role.
• Ability to be resourceful and pro-active when issues arrive.
• Professional attitude and appearance.
• Highly organised
• Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
• Masters in HR.
• Experience of working for a SME.
• Advanced Office 365.
Health & Safety:
As a minimum, all staff must be aware of, and comply with, the Company policy on Health and Safety and attend the mandatory training. Staff must be risk aware not risk averse.
• Attendance at training and briefings.
• Near Miss reporting.
• Avoidable sickness and absence levels.
Equality & Diversity:
As a minimum, all staff must be aware of, and comply with, the Company policy on Equality and Diversity and attend the mandatory training.
• Zero incidents of bullying, harassment and inappropriate behaviour.
• Reporting or dealing with such behaviour.
To be able to apply for this position you must have the legal right to work in the UK and therefore we will only consider applicants that fulfil this requirement.