Group Head of Compensation
We are Merlin Entertainments… The name behind world famous attractions including LEGOLAND, SEA LIFE, Alton Towers Resort and Thorpe Park. Be a part of the Merlin magic by joining the Merlin Corporate team. We hire and empower smart people who love what they do. Now’s your chance to join us!
We are seeking an experienced Group Head of Compensation to join Merlin’s Group HR team based at our Head Office in Poole, Dorset.
Reporting to the Group Reward Director and looking after a small team of specialists, you will be responsible for supporting the management and development of compensation activity across the Merlin Group; providing day-to-day advice and guidance to global business partners across the Group in respect to group compensation activity and best practices.
You will deliver projects within the reward strategy and in line with the overall Group HR strategy and input directly into the Reward team for all activity relating to compensation and share plans.
Enabling a consistent approach to compensation across Merlin’s businesses, you will drive cost efficiencies and competitiveness through better informed decision making.
We are looking for the following skills and experience…
- Knowledge of HR practices and procedures gained through experience or formal qualifications.
- Solid experience managing compensation and share programmes and able to demonstrate knowledge of legislative requirements in respect to compensation & share plans in multiple countries.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills and the ability to successfully collaborate with internal teams and external suppliers / partners.
- Strong planning skills; comfortable navigating ambiguity and able to handle multiple projects at any given time. Able to take initiative and deal with matters in an organised and efficient manner.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable in a continuously evolving and busy environment.
- Experience working cross-culturally with diverse colleagues in a global environment would be ideal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Occasional travel to other Attractions and business sites to meet with providers and advisors will be required.
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects – ideal if you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
To apply, please click on the following link: