We are Merlin Entertainments… The name behind world famous attractions including LEGOLAND, SEA LIFE, Alton Towers Resort , Thorpe Park, Madame Tussauds and the London Eye.
Our passion is putting smiles on people's faces across all of our global attractions. Our employees are at the heart of providing a fantastic customer experience and we invest considerably in our colleagues learning and development to help them achieve this.
We now have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and creative Instructional Designer working in our Group Learning & Development Team. This is a new role created due to Merlin Entertainments growth and future plans. This role can be based at Head Office in Poole or Chessington, Surrey (with travel to Poole 1-2 days per week).
Reporting to the Group Learning & Development Director here are the key details about the role:
Key objectives include…..
- Deliver an innovative and leading edge instructional design approach in line with the HR and Learning strategies;
- Create and manage a consistent portfolio of learning interventions, tools and support materials for Group Learning;
- Develop and be the gatekeeper for, a defined set of quality standards for the design of learning materials across the business;
- Support the Group L&D Director in engaging HR teams to align with these standards to achieve a consistent and outstanding learner experience globally;
- Work as a business partner with the different Merlin Entertainments operating groups and functions to identify training needs, design and execute new learning programmes and materials;
- Drive the adoption of, and fully utilise our new Learning Management System (Cornerstone) for sourcing, creating and managing learning content for the Group;
- Manage the Instructional Design budget, ensuring priorities are met.
We are looking for the following skills and experience…..
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in instructional design, in a global corporate learning environment;
- Experience of designing and implementing blended learning solutions in multiple media formats (workshops, coaching, video, eLearning, micro-learning etc.) and has a portfolio to demonstrate this;
- Extensive eLearning experience including fully animated eLearning solutions;
- Strong multiple learning project management experience;
- Expert level user of common eLearning design software (e.g. Articulate, Storyline)
- Strong vendor management experience;
- Service industry sector experience is preferred – Entertainment & Leisure, Retail, Hospitality – thought not essential;
- Excellent and effective internal stakeholder management and business partnering skills;
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- Virtual facilitation skills;
- Industry recognised instructional design qualifications preferred.
Great people, great perks! Alongside a fun and collaborative environment, with a competitive salary, you can enjoy our amazing benefits package, including a discretionary company bonus and of course a Merlin Magic Pass, which entitles you and your family and friends free admission to all our attractions worldwide.
Merlin Entertainments are supportive of flexible working and we are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please click on the following link: