Human Resources Business Partner
We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to support a subset of our employees in our European offices. This position would be located in our Harrogate (UK) office.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the individual in this role will serve as the Human Resources Business Partner for the European Chemical Regulation and Food Safety Center as well as provide general HR support for the business practices and offices located in the UK and Switzerland. This opportunity also allows for the individual to assist in the implementation of HR strategies including recruitment and training and development initiatives for our European staff.
The ideal candidate will have comprehensive generalist skills in a fast paced environment with an emphasis in recruiting. The individual in this role will have frequent interaction with other HR staff members who are located in the United States.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Interacting with hiring managers at all levels in the company to assist with all areas of recruiting (defining job requirements, identifying and screening candidates, tracking status in applicant tracking system, preparing employment offers)
- Preparing correspondence letters to employees
- Integrating new hires into the organisation
- Assisting in the growth of our London office by way of recruitment and business support
- Conducting exit interviews
- Providing coaching, guidance, and general HR assistance to the line of business you support
- Participating in the firm’s annual review process
- Handling employee relations issues
- Ensuring UK and European legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource government requirements
- Ensuring corporate policy compliance
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops or trainings
- Being a sounding board to employees
- Travel to other UK office locations and some international travel is required
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field, CIPD certification desirable
- Proven track record as an advisor role in Human Resources
- Excellent communication, composition, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Dedication to quality and accuracy
- Ability to interact effectively with highly technical staff, management, and candidates
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with HRIS/Applicant Tracking systems
- Must have strong knowledge of UK and European labour laws and Human Resources compliance
- Ability to work independently under critical time deadlines and to re-evaluate priorities while exercising discretion, diplomacy, and good judgment
- Must be people-focused and comfortable with employee interaction
Exponent International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.