Regional HR Adviser - East of England
The BPIF is not your average trading association. We are committed to developing excellence and growth in a sector that is a significant contributor to the British economy. We are uniquely placed to be not only the voice for the printing industry but also an active participant - catalysing and shaping the future of this ever changing industry with our members. We are looking to appoint a permanent Regional HR Advisor to cover the eastern region of the UK and join our dedicated HR team.
To deliver HR advice and Employment Law advice to BPIF members.
You will be responsible for:
• Supporting members in providing the appropriate advice and guidance, via telephone, email or on site, in relation to all employee issues in accordance with the relevant employment best practice and legislation.
• Managing individual projects and delivering a HR consultancy service to a high standard.
• Ensuring there is continuous personal professional development and competency in the field of HR and Employment Law.
• Delivering and developing BPIF HR policies/procedures, employment law and HR workshop programmes.
• Working positively with other departments within the BIPF and HR colleagues to present a professional service to members and to generate commercial business leads/enquiries.
• Ensuring all Human Resource administration duties are completed and the Oomi database for member activities is maintained and up to date.
• Positively participating in the quarterly HR Forums with other HR colleagues to produce best practice, sharing of knowledge, case learnings, policies and procedure developments.
• Developing and supporting communication programmes that may be required to achieve the overall business objectives of the organisation.
• Contributing to the continuous improvement and development of the HR Function. Taking ownership for any projects or initiatives as directed by the Head of HR and provide general support for work required/ requested.
• Supporting the HR help desk as and when required.
Knowledge and skills
• At least 3 years' experience of working in a generalist HR role
• CIPD level 5 qualified or equivalent experience
• Full, clean UK driving licence
• Excellent knowledge of current Employment Legislation and its application in the workplace.
• Be fully conversant with range of HR policies and practices
• Be able to manage and prioritise your own workload when working in a fast paced environment with challenging timescales which demands resilience in dealing with many conflicting tasks at one time for a variety of member companies.
• Ability to deliver coaching on people management to Line Managers
• Exceptional communication skills, with proven experience of influencing Line Managers
• The ability to both work under pressure and at pace, with strong attention to detail.
• High level of customer orientation and have the ability to develop strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• A team player who strives to actively help others
• Strong IT skills
• 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Hours of work are between 9am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday
• Company car allowance
Eastern region consists: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk. There will also be a requirement to travel to our regional offices (Coventry, London and Brighouse) for team meetings and training.