District Human Resources Officer - Coventry (Voluntary)
As a District HR Officer, you will support your district based volunteer managers to do the best possible job of managing volunteers, working as part of the District HR team. You will do this by advising and coaching managers in the use of policies and processes relating to recruitment, development and any conduct issues that arise.
- Assist the district manager in raising the standard of leadership across the district
- Provide a single point of contact for HR related queries within the district
- Assist in the effective handling of all volunteer discipline and grievance issues, including mediation as necessary
- Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of area managers and unit managers for your district
- Train managers in the use of the volunteer development review (VDR) process and ensure it is applied effectively
- Assist the district manager in measuring and increasing volunteer productivity (including volunteer recognition)
- Proactively engage in improving volunteers experience of SJA
- Carry out specific projects as needed – e.g. volunteer attrition in a unit/area
- Perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the management level of the post and skills and qualifications of the post-holder.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS
- This role is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
- Attend District Management Team meetings regularly
- Engage with Unit and Area Managers on HR issues and recruitment and retention
- Keep District HR Lead and HR Advisor informed of HR issues
- Willingness to be flexible and to travel throughout the district
Expected time commitment: 32 hours a month (primarily 8 hours per week). This is a volunteer role and thus unpaid, however, certain expenses can be claimed.
From your initial enquiry, you will be invited to apply via our online application form
Apply for District Human Resources Officer - Coventry (Voluntary)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly