HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
Permanent Full Time
£39,543 - £44,936 PA + excellent benefits including outstanding pension scheme
2nd May 2019
Do you have experience as an HR Business Partner with the ability to influence at senior level?
Are you a strategic thinker with sound knowledge of HR legislation, performance and capability management?
It`s an exciting time to join our HR team due to realignment to meet our continued growth. The UK Atomic Energy Authority are seeking an HR Business Partner to work with senior management on the people agenda and drive the performance management strategy across the organisation.
The Human Resource team support UKAEA`s employees through recruitment, performance management, development, apprenticeships, graduate scheme, payroll and management activities.
- Leading on complex employee relations issues including advising senior management on risk and resolution strategies
- Develop and lead the strategy for performance management, identifying risks and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Become the key contact between HR and senior management contributing to longer term resource planning, talent management, succession planning and capability planning
- Supporting senior management on culture change through strategic influencing
- Identifying organisational trends and issues and designing and leading initiatives to address or support them.
- Working closely with HR Specialists (such as Recruitment Manager, Pay and Reward Specialist) to ensure strong communication and collaboration between all stakeholders.
- Support and advise more junior HR colleagues, being the centre of excellence in all HR generalist matters
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading-edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience/CIPD
- Demonstrable communication and influencing skills, including presentation/training experience
- Experience of strategic thinking/strategy implementation and influencing
- Experience of successfully working collaboratively
- Strong employment law and legislative knowledge and experience
- Strong Employee Relations experience and capability
- Coaching or mentoring experience would be an advantage
- Some travel to provide HR support at other sites within the UK may be required
- Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
- As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
- Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role, please discuss with the hiring manager or HR if you have any concerns.