District HR Officer
No one should die because they needed first aid and didn’t get it. St John Ambulance teaches people first aid so they can be the difference between life and death, and you can help us do this.
As a District HR Officer, you will use your experience and/or education in HR to support managers in doing the best the best possible job of managing the volunteers in your area. You will do this by advising and coaching managers in the use of policies and processes relating to recruitment, development and any conduct issues as well as supporting change initiatives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the District Manager in raising the standard of leadership across the district including coaching and mentoring volunteer managers,
- As a team, provide a single point of contact for HR-related queries within the district,
- Assist in the effective handling of all volunteer discipline and grievance issues, including mediation as necessary,
- Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of area managers and unit managers within your district.
- Train volunteer managers in HR specific subjects including volunteer development reviews.
- Support the District Manager and Area Managers in identifying gaps in volunteer numbers and developing recruitment plans.
- Carry out specific projects as needed – e.g. volunteer attrition in a unit/area.
This is a volunteer role and the District HR Officer should be able to commit up to 8 hours per week.
For more information on this role, please contact HR Advisor, Jennifer Russell via email firstname.lastname@example.org